JVC KW-NT810HDT volume questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

rcritter

US
I have had this head unit for a little better than a year. I am really pleased with the unit overall. However there is something strange worth the volume, there is no change in the volume of the entire system from 25-40 on the dial. Does anyone know if there is something I should adjust on the unit or is it some type of governor on the factory dodge system. I do have a jl audio 1000/1 D amp and a jl audio 12w7 also installed. Any help would be appreciated.

I have had this head unit for a little better than a year. I am really pleased with the unit overall. However there is something strange worth the volume, there is no change in the volume of the entire system from 25-40 on the dial. Does anyone know if there is something I should adjust on the unit or is it some type of governor on the factory dodge system. I do have a jl audio 1000/1 D amp and a jl audio 12w7 also installed. Any help would be appreciated.
are you interior speakers amped?

No sir, but even the woofer doesn't get any louder
Hmm, looked at the manual, looks like you could try to adjust the source level value, or mess with the EQ if you haven't already. this also only puts out 100W total for the inside speakers, and 2.5V max for the sub preout, perhaps your old stereo put out more than your new one making them quieter, when upgrading to a sub with that much power its always good to do some sort of upgrade to the interiors, it evens things out a lot. Then you can just go to your amp and adjust the gain manually to make them louder.

Thank you very much for your help, I just doesn't know if Dodge had some sort of governor wired in to protect the factory speakers.

Thank you very much for your help, I just doesn't know if Dodge had some sort of governor wired in to protect the factory speakers.
No, there isn't any device between the head unit and the stock speaker, If you do plan to upgrade, I suggest running your own new wire to an amp in the back. And with that kind of headunit the pre-outs are an ideal source for audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.