just what exactly do you guys mean by "old school"?

Lets not forget about the old SAS Bazooka tubes!!!!!
The very FIRST travelling sales rep from SAS- a guy in an '84 Chevy S-10 pickup, with an original T16 (dual-ended 6" tube, woofer on each end) in the back. We were the first Bazooka dealer in GA, at a shop I worked at in summer of '86!

and Pullout H.U.s instead of detachable face plates!
Heck, what about Bensi Boxes? Converted ANY head unit to a pull-out! Very popular in Northern cities (NY, Chicago, etc.) for a short while, but proved to be a total PITA after you had them a while (bad connections in the contacts and such!)...

Regards,

Gordon.

Nos anyone

NOS8.jpg

The very FIRST travelling sales rep from SAS- a guy in an '84 Chevy S-10 pickup, with an original T16 (dual-ended 6" tube, woofer on each end) in the back. We were the first Bazooka dealer in GA, at a shop I worked at in summer of '86!

Heck, what about Bensi Boxes? Converted ANY head unit to a pull-out! Very popular in Northern cities (NY, Chicago, etc.) for a short while, but proved to be a total PITA after you had them a while (bad connections in the contacts and such!)...

Regards,

Gordon.
Man my first setup was a Alpine pullout, 2 8" sas tubes and a punch 45 amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Oldschool to me is when analog processing/devices reigned supreme. None of that digital crap nowdays...No shortcuts...when tonality was more important than staging.

old skool is relative to one's age....for instance, some of the old farts, myself included, can remember when the old skool pullouts first came out and it was cool to walk around the mall carrying the whole **** headunit by the handle. and JC Whitney had these things that went over the headunit and actually locked into the dash, thus keeping your headunit safe from would-be thieves.

Two systems I that really remember that really stand out...

One, Sansui (slide out) deck that "locked" in when you pushed the metal handel down. A Kraco 200 watt eq/equalizer with two Kraco 6" truck boxes each with a 6.5" passive radiator! Awesome.. then switching to two punch 12" that I had to carry on the plane from Gulfport Mississipi, I still miss those Punch woofers...

Next one, first gen Pioneer Supertuner CD player as the Sony I was rocking skipped when the bass hit... so bad that I could not play most songs. Epicenter, EQL, 2 amps (thrown in the rear cubby, with 2 15s 2 12s and 2 10s in the SAME BOX... later replaced by MTX RFLs 15's... that cost me a ton back then.....

So cool when I think about it. Wish I still had some of that stuff... fun... that's what it was

Oh, and who could forget- Nakamichi auto-reverse cassette decks, that actually POPPED THE TAPE OUT, PHYSICALLY FLIPPED IT and PUT IT BACK IN AUTOMATICALLY, to change tape directions. Yep, the famous Nak Dragon car deck...
Regards,

Gordon.
Now you are just making **** up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.