• 2 Sound Splinter 12" RL-P

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • 2 Ascendant Audio 15" Avalanche

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • 3 JL Audio 10w6v2

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
I put the SS RL-P's.

Reason, I have no experience with any of the drivers listed above, but I have seen Mike from SS customer servise. I feel that any decent brand that has that kind of customer servise deserves my business. He will have an order from me in the near future for a pair of RL-I8's

Well I guess I'm going to rule out the JL's mainly because there just not keeping up at all, and I kind of didn't want those because everyone has them already so I would like to step into somethin' new!

2 15" Avalanches

2 12" XXX's

2 12" RL-P's

Those are the final three it seems...which ones and why anyone?

Well, the 15's have the potential for the most linear displacement. Any of the 3 will have more than adequate SQ for you, so they are all pretty even in that regard.

Me personally? I'd go for the Rl-p's because they are good performers at a great price, they work well off of lower power levels in relatively smallish enclosures, and Mike is honestly one of the best people in the industry to deal with. When I've dealt with RE...their CS was "eh". Nothing spectacular, but not bad by any means. And AA.......well, you've probably seen my posts on that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But, in all honesty, you won't be upset with the performance from any of them. None are leaps and bounds better than the others. It all comes down to how much you wanna spend, how much room you want the boxes to take up, and how much power you wanna run.

Seems like everyone really likes Mike around here! Thats great, makes me feel better if I choose to buy from him.

Also would a KX1200.1 be enough for two of those 12's? The RL-P's that is

But, in all honesty, you won't be upset with the performance from any of them. None are leaps and bounds better than the others. It all comes down to how much you wanna spend, how much room you want the boxes to take up, and how much power you wanna run.
Well I don't use my trunk at all so I don't care to use the whole space. It doesn't bother me how much power I'll run. Who doesn't love saving money though. I have no problem spending my money as well...because I figure everything I'll buy will be worth it?

So are the RL-P's even comparable to the XXX's or no? I love SQ and thats what I'm doing this summer but I still want insane amounts of bass when I want it, if thats possible.

Oh yeah want to give a thank you to everyone on this FORUM as well because you guys have been more then helpful with me. I appreciate that a lot as well! You guys all have such knowledge in these products and just wanted to throw a Thank you out there for ya'll! SO thanx again, I learned almost everything I know from you guys~!~

good luck getting louder than your solos

mike is an awesome guy, but i really can't say anything bad about AA and Chad either. Just wait for the whole Adire bullsh!t to blow over, I truly see AA being around for a while and providing us with great products.

So are the RL-P's even comparable to the XXX's or no?
Absolutely. Mrray13 did a review on here between the two, in different boxes and different power levels. In his opinion, it was a tossup between the two. Do a search for it. But, be warned, it's rather long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

SQ wise, neither will dissappoint you. Output wise, the XXX clearly has the potential for more linear displacement. However, with having less than 50% more linear excursion, the theoretical potential difference there is only about 1.5db (all things equal). Which isn't a huge audible difference in output.

I voted the 15's cuz there well 15's.

But can only go from what I have heard, The XXX, W7, and W6v2. Out of these would be a toss up from the W7 and the XXX. But the XXX is cheaper.

And 1 is way more than enough for me.

I need to hear a XXX to make comments I'm sooo curious, I haven't even seen one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

I can only comment on the JL's; although the W7's sound beautiful they are toooo ****ng expensive, too much for a single sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

It wasn't too long ago when I was considering on a trio of 10W6V2's off an MTX 1501D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

That said I'll recommend you that same setup.

But I'm sure my 'lil civic electrical system can't keep up with that current guzzleer amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

Soooo I will be choosing my second option.... port my 2 12W3V2-d4's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i have heard almost all but the avalanche --i dont know about the 10w6v2 because i have two of the 12w6v2 and i missed whether this is for show --contests or daily driver. because if its for daily driver then any of those will more than be loud enough-----i love bass just as much as the next person but it does get old after a while and most people i know end up turning the bass down anyway. but **** im old ---im so old that i remember going to concerts where the musicians played instruments---yep thats ****in old. well anyway good luck with your choices and like i think it was squeak said any of the ones you had listed i think youll be cool with but personally i cant go against the 12w6v2.

jeff

trickdaddy

for

president

goodread.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...