Just had some FOCAL 165 a1's installed (They sound like crap!)

stock=crap

new HU+amp+comp=better

So if it isnt done yet he needs to do it!

Plus $800 t0 buy and install those comps is outragious so it must include other items

I just had a front and rear set of these focal speakers installed in my VW. It had a monsoon amplifier in it, but car toys said they had to bypass the amp and take it out in order to put the new focal's in.
The sound was pretty decent but now it seems I've taken a step backwards. I spent 800 to get these **** things installed and now they sound like dirt.

Do I need an amp? Will that fix the issue? Car toys said focal's are very power hungry speakers. And now they're only running on deck power.

I'm a newbie to all of this. But will the amp improve sound quality greatly, or will it just let me use higher volumes?

Thanks much in advance!
did you have a new deck installed at the same time?

something 4 channel that pushes 80-100 rms per chanel.

I sell and use hifonics (great value and quality) so I would say use a 6410 85 rms per channel.

i can do a titan model for 175 shipped or the high end model (that i use in all my cars on equally good speakers - boston components) the zeus series for 200 shipped

they both put out 85rms clean but the Zeus is by far a better amp.

1001.jpg

thats a pic of the bigger zeus

nice amp but not any better than the new 10 series I listed IMO. i use the same speakers in 2 cars and 1 has the hifonics and the other has a very nice JBL and no difference in sound quality at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.