Just had some FOCAL 165 a1's installed (They sound like crap!)

DoubleT
10+ year member

dallas
I just had a front and rear set of these focal speakers installed in my VW. It had a monsoon amplifier in it, but car toys said they had to bypass the amp and take it out in order to put the new focal's in.

The sound was pretty decent but now it seems I've taken a step backwards. I spent 800 to get these **** things installed and now they sound like dirt.

Do I need an amp? Will that fix the issue? Car toys said focal's are very power hungry speakers. And now they're only running on deck power.

I'm a newbie to all of this. But will the amp improve sound quality greatly, or will it just let me use higher volumes?

Thanks much in advance!

they try that crap out all the time with gm cars that have the same monsoon setups. as long as you didnt get a deck installed at the same time they had no need to uninstall anything but the speakers.

What do you guys suggest I do? Just **** it up and buy an aftermarket amp or complain to them and make them put my monsoon back in? I want to hear their reasons for ripping out the amp. Why in the world would they need to do that?

What do you guys suggest I do? Just **** it up and buy an aftermarket amp or complain to them and make them put my monsoon back in? I want to hear their reasons for ripping out the amp. Why in the world would they need to do that?
to con you in to buying one of their amps

Incorrect, most monsoon systems run 1 or 2 ohm speakers, and do not like anything else. You need to get an aftermarket amp however even that shitty monsoon will no be good enough.

Incorrect, most monsoon systems run 1 or 2 ohm speakers, and do not like anything else. You need to get an aftermarket amp however even that shitty monsoon will no be good enough.
I dont know 1st hand about the 1 he is using but the gm monsoon amps are not 2 ohm they run 10 speakers on them and 2 of the speakers are always dual 4 ohm midbass only the rest are all 4 ohm. and since most of the monsoon systems are in gm's that makes most of them 4 ohm.

regardless of that they didnt need to take the amp out period!

and I agree the monsoon amps are junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it would have to better than deck power by any means. needless to say, they should not have deleated the monsoon amp at all.

just more proof of some of the shadyness that goes on at these shops.

I assume because it is running on the HU, that it is an aftermarket HU. so putting the stock amp back in is not a good option. Get a decent aftermarket amp and the will sound much better. Note you don't have to buy it from them either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.