Just got this sub, is it any good?

1200 rms? I doubt it. I'm willing to put my DC Audio m3-8 against that sub. Gotta understand companies purposley inflate ratings/prices to attract people to make sales/profit.

Even if the sub is only good for 900watts rms, the amp is quality and will put out 1200 watts rms all day long aka headroom to play with gain and crossover settings.

take any power rating from power acoustik and divide by 3 to get a real rating. If P.A. Rates it at 1200 watts rms , 400 rms is much closer to the real rating.

So my system will be the 1200 mono amp for the sub and a 1200 4 channel amp bridged to 2ch for 2 kenwood 300rms 6x9's. I have a distribution block splitting the 4AWG cable to the 2 amps. Each amp has separate chassis grounds. Should I put a capacitor inline before the mono amp to help with power droop?

Id say run it if you have already purchased everything..Run what you got till you get tired of it or want to upgrade.I myself have used some of Lanzar Max Pro tens in some boxes I made with an old school Mean Machine 99 in a 90 240 sx, and it slammed its azz off for cheapies.As stated..build your box/boxes,and run it.You may be happy with what you have purchased?for your money? Alot of people have preferance,and may give different opnions rather than actual experiencing, but its your decision in the end of what you buy and or use.Best of luck!Enjoy

Caps are basically batteries with a quicker discharge profile for when a circuit needs a quick burst of power. The theory is sound. I will also be upgrading my charging system wiring to 4 awg to get that 10% back.

Caps are basically batteries with a quicker discharge profile for when a circuit needs a quick burst of power. The theory is sound. I will also be upgrading my charging system wiring to 4 awg to get that 10% back.
doesnt store enough to give any proper burst of power nor does it make any power. even the smallest batteries store several thousand times more than capacitors. For beefing up electricals, caps are utterly useless in every way possible. Complete garbage. They are used for electrical noise filtering mainly. If you have an upgraded alternator and lots of batteries already, you can use a cap to improve slight sound quality on a 4 channel amp by stabiliizing any voltage fluctuations.

Again use caps for the proper purposes. Not as a source of power for car audio accessories because thats just a ridiculous fail.

im not trying to be a **** but caps DO in fact work. thing is you have to implement them correctly.

In the past they were the ****. Now that people are getting more info from other resources such as us, they find out they're not needed so long as the bi3 is done right upgraded correctly and perhaps a strong AMG battery and possibly a HO alt. Tell me what the purpose of the cap/caps are/is if all these things are done. My point: Strong electrical.

doesnt store enough to give any proper burst of power nor does it make any power. even the smallest batteries store several thousand times more than capacitors. For beefing up electricals, caps are utterly useless in every way possible. Complete garbage. They are used for electrical noise filtering mainly. If you have an upgraded alternator and lots of batteries already, you can use a cap to improve slight sound quality on a 4 channel amp by stabiliizing any voltage fluctuations.
Again use caps for the proper purposes. Not as a source of power for car audio accessories because thats just a ridiculous fail.
Guess you beat me to it replying to papertowel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In the past they were the ****. Now that people are getting more info from other resources such as us, they find out they're not needed so long as the bi3 is done right upgraded correctly and perhaps a strong AMG battery and possibly a HO alt. Tell me what the purpose of the cap/caps are/is if all these things are done. My point: Strong electrical.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ripple+current&oq=ripple+current&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j5j0.7528j0j4&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

In sort it keeps the current constant when you have a demand and the power sorce cannot discharge fast enough. Its deeper than that but that one reason.

Ie if your alt is capible of handling the load but it can discharge fast enough the caps smooth tge curre t lag stablizing voltage and current..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jwcrellin

jwcrellin
Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jwcrellin