Just Finished Big 3

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
When I put the fuse holder between the alt and battery, I wasnt thinking and just put it where it fit best. Does it really have to be close to the battery, or is it ok where it is?

Its probably about 1.5-2ft from the battery. I put it there because the stock intake covers right over the top, so I zip tied it under neath it. Fit perfectly.

It will be some what of a pain to move it closer to the battery. If it needs to be I will though.

My idle volts went from 13.75 to 13.99, and at 600rms it drops to 13.7x instead of 13.2x. 800rms drops down to 13.2x though, so I still need to get the HC600 put in this weekend.

That will work but the farther from direct heat, the better for the parts.
I was thinking that; I'm slightly afraid if that's the exhaust manifold heat shield in the background.

edit: YOU STOLEDED MY THOUGHT GO AWAY MIND-STEALER //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Yeah is that the exhaust manifold right behind it? How close are they? I'd be worried about that plastic melting...
the wire jacket *may* be able to take some good heat but I doubt the fuse holder will.

Just dbl check you connection in a few days. The connections, from going cool to that extreme of a heat up over time may loosen some.

It is, but its a good 6in or more away. The pic is before I put the intake back on. It was pushed more towards the front bumper, and its right in front of the fan getting cool air blown over it. The stock intake is plastic, and comes closer to the manifold then the fuse holder does.

I was thinking that; I'm slightly afraid if that's the exhaust manifold heat shield in the background.
edit: YOU STOLEDED MY THOUGHT GO AWAY MIND-STEALER //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif[/QUOT

that is the manifold heat shield in the back round.

lol would be worse if it were the turbo heat shield. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif You gon split-loom OP?

Split loom is for *****. Real men leave their wire bare //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

There is a pic with the stock intake on before I ran the wires. Its right under the straight horizontal flat part in front.

No splt-loom. I can get some though if needed.

Melty melty! Mine passes like 6 in. above the turbo heat shield. Plus I lost the stock plastic splashguard in favor of aluminum skidplate, so more liquid gets in. My oil pan is safe though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I don't like dirty wire.

There is a pic with the stock intake on before I ran the wires. Its right under the straight horizontal flat part in front.

No splt-loom. I can get some though if needed.
Going along the top of the radiator?? That will work too just be careful of any metal the wire comes into contact with on the radiator. Or plastic for that matter.

Wire loom will help with the heat so I would use some just as an added precaution.

Ok good.
So I dont need to move the fuse closer to the battery then?
No, don't worry about it. The point of placing the fuse close to the battery is because if a short happens you want the fuse to be between the short and the battery so they tell you to put it as close to the battery as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.