Just built L7 Box, check it out

i used spray on bedliner for my tumult box it was pretty easy, and it looked decent if u like the rough texture look, it took 3 cans on my box and thats 7 dollars a can so thats 21$ for my box its a 4 cubic foot ported, i would recomend it if u arent very skilled at carpeting, i got pics if yall want

Originally posted by abcdefg i used spray on bedliner for my tumult box it was pretty easy, and it looked decent if u like the rough texture look, it took 3 cans on my box and thats 7 dollars a can so thats 21$ for my box its a 4 cubic foot ported, i would recomend it if u arent very skilled at carpeting, i got pics if yall want
i want to see a pic for future reference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif how much is it a can?

Originally posted by nswartley i want to see a pic for future reference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif how much is it a can?
Didnt he say 7 bucks?

- Steve:)

nice design. i agree with jmac when he says 4+cuft. that's why my crazy ass went with a 6.3cuft ported box for a Single prototype 03' 15" L7:D. basically it's a new 03' L7 with a few mod's done to the gut of the beast. 93 sq. in. of port i think tuned to 58hz i believe. i am getting the box back tomorrow it's not finished completely but i will put pics up if i can. oh did i mention it will be ran off 1750rms??

adam

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer nice design. i agree with jmac when he says 4+cuft. that's why my crazy ass went with a 6.3cuft ported box for a Single prototype 03' 15" L7:D. basically it's a new 03' L7 with a few mod's done to the gut of the beast. 93 sq. in. of port i think tuned to 58hz i believe. i am getting the box back tomorrow it's not finished completely but i will put pics up if i can. oh did i mention it will be ran off 1750rms??

adam
Nice...I wanna see it:)

- Steve

Im building a box for the L7 today actually I have it mostly done just have to put it together. I went with the 2.75 cuft ported box that they recommended. Im also running a 1000 watt sony xplode (reversed colors on the amp) I've never had any probs with it but i do want to upgrade it in the near future. In the manual of the L7 it says to use a subsonic filter, is that just something built into the amp or what? And also did you stuff the box with polyfill?

if you were asking me about the polyfill the answer is definetly not. i have never once nor will i ever use it. i used a ton and i mean a ton of fiberglass resin. very dirty pain in the ass stuff to work with but seals box's tighter than a 14 year old. anyway i'm getting the box today gonna see if i can get pics of it if i do look for the new post.

adam

Subsonic filter...

hmmm...

it's usually built into the amp...

to cut off low frequencies that can cause the subs to burn...

Hz that a humanears cannot detect, we do not need the subs to produce, do we?

If I remember correctly, it can be adjusted, from 15~25Hz or something...:p

a subsonic filter is not always needed to be honest. look at loneranger, bigbassman, and even myself as far as i know the 3 of us don't run an amp with subsonic filter's. they can be good but not a neccessity(sp).

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

detroitlions34

detroitlions34
livonia, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bumpin_blazer