Just built L7 Box, check it out

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

I just switched from two JBL 12's (sold em) to this single kicker 12" L7.

I have a Sony Amp pushing it.

I read through kickers technical manual, and this is an exact replication of there "high SPL" ported box design. I drew everything up in Autocad before I started. Anyone who would like a copy of that file, is welcome it. just shoot me an email.

Let me know what you guys think about my first box build.

http://www.angelfire.com/md/marcusd/SubBuild.html

p.s. please lay off the sony amp comments

Thanks,

Marcus

Hey, an awesome box! Looks much better than mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

5 out of 5~

i would carpet...but i see no reason why you could use the "coat on" truck liner if thats the look your going for...god knows its easier that carpeting it.

and all I will say about sony amp is why man.....why?

its sounds really nice. Alot smoother than I thought it would be.

I can hear such a diffrence in quality from the jbl 12's

I installed everything last thursday night, so I have to wait till next thursday to really crank it up.

And as for the sony amp, I had good luck with the thousand watt model, so I stayed with it, and am really happy with this one. Next setup though I'll be moving onto something a little nicer than the sony.

Thanks for the comments.

oh,whatisthesizeofthatbox?sorry,mykeyboardisbrokensoican'tputspacesinbetween

anyway,

theboxlooksverysmall,comparedtowhatisrecommendedfromtheL7's

again

sorry

for

the

lack

of

spaces

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

no,wait,it'stheportthatlooksveryshort

comparedtothedrawingandsizegivenintheowner'smanual

yougettinggoodresults?noairturbulence?

Originally posted by paikiah oh,whatisthesizeofthatbox?sorry,mykeyboardisbrokensoican'tputspacesinbetween

anyway,

theboxlooksverysmall,comparedtowhatisrecommendedfromtheL7's

again

sorry

for

the

lack

of

spaces

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

no,wait,it'stheportthatlooksveryshort

comparedtothedrawingandsizegivenintheowner'smanual

yougettinggoodresults?noairturbulence?

haha... that was the cutest thing I've ever seen on this site.

That box looks very clean man. Good work. on a scale of 1-37, it rates a 37.

Its the 3.25 cubic ft design.

I'm definately getting good results... wed or thursday I'll lay into it a little and see how she performs.

Those pics make everything look smaller than it really is.

That box takes up all the room behind my rear seat in my minivan.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

Marcus

Good gravy that's a large box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif You'd almost have to buy an Escalade just to haul that thing around! What'd you put it in?

Originally posted by BonusBobo haha... that was the cutest thing I've ever seen on this site.

That box looks very clean man. Good work. on a scale of 1-37, it rates a 37.

did you really just say the "cutest" thing you've ever seen. i have just lost all respect in you. lol jk man.

Its in a 95 dodge caravan.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.... well er... only vehicle I've ever owned. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I would like to get it metered, but I'm not sure when or where I could around here. I'll check into that for sure. But I want to get the rest of the car hooked up too before I start into that.

Its definately a big box... lol

Originally posted by Bumpin03 did you really just say the "cutest" thing you've ever seen. i have just lost all respect in you. lol jk man.
haha, and I DID! Cute might be an inside joke with me and my friends, but I swear I didn't mean it when I said cutest.... :eek:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.