Just built a box and I'm not happy with it...

I took out a port, shortned the other 3 now im 37hz @ 14 cubes 150 inches of port and you know what? it actually seems it got quieter.. Like I said I put my buddys shitty 9 cft box in my car at 1 ohm on shitty hdc3's and it slaps highs, so im wondering if aeros just **** in my car? maybe i need to shrink the box, lower the tuning and move it further from the hatch. I think his si 170 inches of port, but with a slot port.
I wonder if you're getting cancellation at higher frequencies. Your cabin gain sounds like the issue here but it could be a lot of things...

There's some good information in this article specifically the part that pertains to the Macan- a vehicle with cabin acoustics that favor a low resonance point.

I took out a port, shortned the other 3 now im 37hz @ 14 cubes 150 inches of port and you know what? it actually seems it got quieter.. Like I said I put my buddys shitty 9 cft box in my car at 1 ohm on shitty hdc3's and it slaps highs, so im wondering if aeros just **** in my car? maybe i need to shrink the box, lower the tuning and move it further from the hatch. I think his si 170 inches of port, but with a slot port.

What is your buddies sub and port placement on his box vs your box? Slot vs aero isnt going to make a difference if they are tuned the same with proper port area.

Sub and port placement will make a difference. Been there done that first hand.

14 cubes and 200 sq in seems to be about right. Maybe a little high on area but should be fine. Something else is going on with your setup

I wonder if you're getting cancellation at higher frequencies. Your cabin gain sounds like the issue here but it could be a lot of things...

Wouldnt other peoples yukons have that effect? seems I'm the only one hitting dogshit numbers with my setup lol.
I'm trying to plot a graph on WinISD but it's NOT working for me.

Anyone care to plot a graph and tell me a specific amount of port etc. for my woofers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

East

10+ year member
Team New England
East
Fryeburg, Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date