Just bought a 12inch JL Audio W7, need amp help asap!

Participant count
  • Participant list

yianni64

DFW TX
Ok, so I bought the sub I always wanted, a 12inch JL Audio W7. It's on the way but I need to find the amp for it. According to JL's website 750w rms is optimum for the 12 inch. (http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=9)

What confuses me is how the W7 runs at 3ohm, and the rms ratings I see for subs are at 2oh or 4 ohm. I know the JL Audio 1000w would be the way to go, but I dont have that kind of money. I was told the Hifonics BXi1608D (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19581) is the way to go, that it would put out 750w rms at 3ohm.

I searched around and couldnt find any info to help me out, so hopefully yall can, thanks.

i would look for a pdx.1000 from alpine

it will give you 1000w rms at any amperage so what ever load you wire it at you will

get 1000w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.