Jteske88's MURDERMAT review

Participant count
  • Participant list

jteske88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so after some time fighting sickness and weather ive got it all in, I will start out by saying that i have used a competitor's matting and murdermat. Origial i had installed roughly 5-8sqft to get rid of some exhaust and road noise. it didnt really do anything or i didnt notice anything. I then recieved my murdermat from the contest and started tearing down the car so i could clean and prep the metal as to get good adhesion. While i was in my build process i was hospilized and halted production on my install.

Once i recovered it was time to actually install the matting. First impression of the new murder mat was great, thick, strong and felt duriable. I applied my matting to the trunk lid first. It was very easy to work with, was adhearing to the metal good but as it got colder i broke out the heat gun to make sure i was getting the best application possible. After finishing the trunk lid i started to apply it to the areas behind the tail lights and lower bumper area and Side panels. With all my carpert ripped out i went to town and just started laying it out and cutting to demension i needed. It all went great. I had a few friends stop by asking questions and knocking around the car to see how its sounded. Upon our knock test his grand prix sounded hollow and just loud. My grand prix now has a distinct thud and just overall feels strong. Now for some of the real testing to i had to reinstall amp and subs while doing a little 0 gauge power run. I cant listen to my radio in my nieghborhood so i drove off to the park to get out and look and see if i had a difference in sound. At first glance i noticed my tunk lid and spoiler no longer look like midgets are stuck in there but a suttle shake. After doing the visual inspection i then started to listen inside and out. On the outside of the vehicle i can hear it playing but is nothing close to what the other grand prix i was camparing to sounded like. His 2 tens in his car makes you think the trunk is open or something, While having my play this whole time as were next to each other. At one point i was ask if i had mine playing even.

So to conclude on this review i would say murdermat is one versatile product and will do the job at a great price. Enhances sound quailty of the bass response and stop the general public from looking at me all wierd. I would like to give a shout out to MURDERMAT for such a great product and i will be using it in all my vehicles from now on.

:pics to come, at work, cam at home with install pics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.