JLW6: Ported or sealed?

Um, no, actually. 95% of people on here are just concerned about being loud. A stereo with bass over 140dB isn't exactly what I would call good sounding even if the bass is clean. For that to blend properly with your mids and highs, they would have to be so loud that it would be uncomfortable for you to sit in the car. Believe it or not, SQ is not just having clear sounding loud speakers in your car like most people on here think it is when they say something is SQ oriented.

Loud and Clear is how I describe setups like that. Or maybe SQL.

And why are you using a cheap Crunch amplifier on an outstanding speaker like that?
I still haven't purchased the amp, but I was only looking to spend around $200 and the amp was offered for around $180. What would you recommend getting for around $200-250 (I'm willing to get something used)?

I still haven't purchased the amp, but I was only looking to spend around $200 and the amp was offered for around $180. What would you recommend getting for around $200-250 (I'm willing to get something used)?
Forget that. You can get a MUCH better amp than that crunch amp in the forums.

Oh, and I run my W6 sealed. Sounds great. It blends in wonderfully with my speakers. I have not run it in a ported box built to exact specs however, so I cannot tell you which would be better. Either way, I am sure you will be happy.

aq 1200.1 will be much better then what you have and you can run it low so it will be more efficient with the power, and crystal clear

but yes, most of us like loud but we still know what clear and balanced are..just a lot of ca.com would prefer 140 decibals of bass where you can't hear anything else

I bought the 2000.1 hoping someday I would get another w6, but is there a difference between powering it with 1200.1 rather than a 2000.1? I know the wattage is different but wouldn't you tune either of them down to something around to 500 anyway? Excuse my ignorance with amplifiers I really don't know much about them but I'd like to understand more.

Yeah, you would have to run your gain pretty low with either amp. That crunch amp probably does not put out rated power, but it would still be WAY more than you would want to send that sub. Check out the forums. Lots of good quality amps for sale in there.

ported. CA.com members have very very very very good ears (those of us that aren't deaf yet)
Ported sounds better. Just keep that amp and turn down the gain and you will be amazed
k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

From someone with actual experience with the sub, it sounds best sealed. If you have CA.com ears, you're probably gonna prefer a heavily bloated bottom end, in that case go ported.

ported. CA.com members have very very very very good ears (those of us that aren't deaf yet)
Ported sounds better. Just keep that amp and turn down the gain and you will be amazed
Is this a joke?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Forget that. You can get a MUCH better amp than that crunch amp in the forums.
Oh, and I run my W6 sealed. Sounds great. It blends in wonderfully with my speakers. I have not run it in a ported box built to exact specs however, so I cannot tell you which would be better. Either way, I am sure you will be happy.
wow have you ever used one of the gpv amps? it does over 1000 rms at 1 ohm very clean. until you have proof otherwise go nutthug somewhere else. he asked me for 175-200 the best amp i could offer and for the price it was the best i had. for 30$ more i coulda doine a dsc1500.1 that would litterally **** all over an aq1200. the amp has already shipped so it doesnt matter.

fwiw dude run the w6 sealed that is what it is meant for and is 1 of the best sq woofers available. and fwiw i think an a/b amp will sound much better vs a class d such as the aq1200 that was recommended. you want sq use a/b you want db use class D

do ported to the exact specs 'minimum' and you will fall in love. this sub isnt a sub where jl recommends 1cf and you do 2cf. its a super sub in a small ass box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.