JL subwoofers

Way back when I cut my teeth on car audio I dealt almost exclusively with JL and Kicker for customers. JL's are pretty decent subs, but they like a fair amount of room to breath properly. The recommended enclosures from JL are more SQ oriented than volume, but a good sized box around 2.5 to 3 cubes at 32hz for a 12 w3 is a good compromise between SPL and SQ for example. If you're hurting for space and you've never had a sub before I'd get a 10 in a solid enclosure.

Depending on your budget, the w3, w6, and w7 are all good options, obviously getting better as you go up. The w6 is probably a good middle ground for you. I wouldn't get a w0 though. Of you're on that tight of a budget, look at another brand.

JL is expensive, but it's good. Worth the price? To me, no. But I have different tastes. Itll sound really good if you do it right, so if you're set on it, you won't be disappointed. Just a bit broke

On a side note. I wouldn't go with a complete prefab set up. Do some research, download winisd v7, and see what you may or may not like. You can have a great set up and save some coin by putting your own system together around just the sub, what ever you get.

Sundown yardsale subs....nuff said.
Then have cscstang have an enclosure designed for ya....or built.
x2

Sundown SD-8's are their lowest distortion drivers and their SA-8's are supposed to be very low distortion too with more output. Two of those in 1 to 1.5 cubes ported is small enough to fit and will probably surprise you. If you were considering something outside of JL.

Look at DD if you want a extremely overbuilt SQ woofer. Don't let MSRP on the site scare you. You don't see the MSRP on the others mentioned, it would also be just that high.

Incriminator if you want a good sounding loud woofer

Sundown if you want to be a crazy nuthugger.

JL is a very good big box brand if you stay with the higher lines, the lower stuff is mediocre at best. The W6 is a good value if you want a very good sounding sub for a sound quality based setup IF you don't pay retail. They can get good output but its not on the others level.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.