JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

whereithertz

Hi,

New to all this but have gone out and bought the following for my E46 BMW.

JL HD 1200/1

JL HD 600/4

JL C5 650

JL C5 C50x

JVC KDAVX-77

In regards to the 1200/1 and the Sub.

Does any one know how I should wire the voice coils? I think my installer put a positive from the amp going to Voice coil 1 and Negative from the amp going to Voice coil 2 and a wire (bridge ?) connecting the other + and -.

Question 1... Is this how it should be wired to get the most out of the Amp/Sub combo??

Question 2... What should the settings be on the Amp??

It pumps at the moment but have the feeling that i can get much more out of it.

Any Suggestions??

Cheers,

What voice coil does it have, DVC ? This site can help you figure how you want to wire it.

- Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

You can set the gain with a dmm. use the search button if you dont know what I mean.

If he wired it like you said, then you might be able to wire it to a lower ohm load, and draw more power from the amp.

What voice coil does it have, DVC ? This site can help you figure how you want to wire it.- Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

You can set the gain with a dmm. use the search button if you dont know what I mean.

If he wired it like you said, then you might be able to wire it to a lower ohm load, and draw more power from the amp.
If its a dual 1.5, and his amp is regulated to produce the same power at 2 to 4 ohms(and I'm pretty sure this is the case with said equipment), than he is wired perfectly already. You may be advising him to wire down to a(possibly amp killing) .75 ohm load.

O.P., look into getting a new enclosure of you want more output. You're equipment is very nice, and capable of performing very well when installed correctly and with your listening habits in mind.

OK well thats a relief one guy told me that the sub wasn't powerful enough to handle the amp but other guys say and from what I have heard the JL HD1200/1 and THE jl 13W7 is a match made in heaven.

I have currently a spec size slot ported box as JL specify. but it is absolutely huge!! to the point where i had to take the spare wheel out floor out trims out push the box into the trunk with out the sub then slide the floor under the box then install the sub! PHEEWW!!

My installer suggested an inverted box? Use the trunk space as a box.... Has anyone delt with inverted boxes?

Also has any one delt with the HD 1200/1 Settings?

OK well thats a relief one guy told me that the sub wasn't powerful enough to handle the amp but other guys say and from what I have heard the JL HD1200/1 and THE jl 13W7 is a match made in heaven.
I have currently a spec size slot ported box as JL specify. but it is absolutely huge!! to the point where i had to take the spare wheel out floor out trims out push the box into the trunk with out the sub then slide the floor under the box then install the sub! PHEEWW!!

My installer suggested an inverted box? Use the trunk space as a box.... Has anyone delt with inverted boxes?

Also has any one delt with the HD 1200/1 Settings?
Was your enclosure built for your application? Our is it a prefabricated enclosure. Also, amp settings are dependent on many variables. Don't go changing stuff willy nilly until you do some more research.

Well i had the option of a sealed or slotted box in the manual that came with the W7. I went for the Slotted box as i understood this to be more for rnb type music.

If its a dual 1.5, and his amp is regulated to produce the same power at 2 to 4 ohms(and I'm pretty sure this is the case with said equipment), than he is wired perfectly already. You may be advising him to wire down to a(possibly amp killing) .75 ohm load.
O.P., look into getting a new enclosure of you want more output. You're equipment is very nice, and capable of performing very well when installed correctly and with your listening habits in mind.
Yup, I may have without knowing amp or sub specs. Im glad you stepped in and cleared that up!

Well i had the option of a sealed or slotted box in the manual that came with the W7. I went for the Slotted box as i understood this to be more for rnb type music.
he asked whether the box was custom made for you application or a pre-made off the shelf box

No I fabricated the box to JL specs.
Look in to having custom plans drawn out if you have the ability to build one. There's some really good guys here that can design you one better tailored to your power usage and vehicle. Factory specs can be very generic.

I would suggest trying to increase the airflow from the trunk to the cab space. bmw's are built very tight in this aspect. I would bet if you can increase the airflow you will increase the output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.