JL Audio ZR Evolution ZR650CSI vs Rainbow CS 275.28 Platinum Active

Participant count
  • Participant list

S2000king
10+ year member

hi guys i currently have 2 sets of jl audio zr evolution 650csi each pair on each door of my s2000 powered by a jl audio hd600/4 . I also have 2 selenium st350 and 2 selenium 6w4p, but i am going to sell them since iv heard them and didnt really like them compared to jls, they were very crisp clear and loud. Im actually thinking of selling the seleniums and considering the rainbows platinum version (CS 275.28 Platinum Active) but i have never heard them so how are they compared to the jl zr components?

img2453l.jpg

I was thinking to install a pair of the rainbows in the front dash (i am a big fan of dash installations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif) would you guys think it would sound nice having the jls in the doors and rainbows in the dash, or should i just buy another zr set and install them in the dash?

Bro you don't need anymore front speakers. Hell you only need one set of the ZRs. You got two sealed 10s in a trunk not a 150 db wall. If you want to do something different use one set of ZRs and get a pair of 8s for mid bass.

Sure if that's what you want. Just relize they are pretty big and you want them up front somewhere. Just make sure you can limit them 60-400hz and the components play the rest

i would have two options to install them since you have them you would know what is best... behind the seats on the wall, on the doors next to the zr components (not sure about its mounting depth?) or in the middle compartment between boths seats?

Doors. You want them up front and phased the same as the components. I have them in the doors. Make sure you have the depth cause they are pretty big for mids. Brace them good and seal the doors up, which you should be doing anyway.

yea true i will also have to fibreglass the bottom strip of my doors since they have 3.39 inch mounting depth.. i will have to talk to my installer on that one.. quick question have you used any sort of enclosure on your zr800? if so what did you tune it to?

yea true i will also have to fibreglass the bottom strip of my doors since they have 3.39 inch mounting depth.. i will have to talk to my installer on that one.. quick question have you used any sort of enclosure on your zr800? if so what did you tune it to?
You don't tune or enclose mid bass. Just make sure the doors are sealed up very good and the mid range has its own airspace. Don't let your installer sell or do anything till you ask about it here.

sure noworries thanks for the help appreciate it greatly !! also with this current setup you think i will have a loud and clear amount of sq because thats the music i tend to listen to these days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

sure noworries thanks for the help appreciate it greatly !! also with this current setup you think i will have a loud and clear amount of sq because thats the music i tend to listen to these days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
If its installed right it will be amazing to you. Sealed the kickers should be fine just make sure the box is on the large size of recommended. They will be your weakest link but should be fine

if the box dimensions dont fit properly to the recommendations i will just sell both of them and buy 1 jl audio 12w7 i think i will see my installer what he says anyways

if the box dimensions dont fit properly to the recommendations i will just sell both of them and buy 1 jl audio 12w7 i think i will see my installer what he says anyways
If your installer is like most he will tell you to do whatever fills his pockets better. Most don't have a clue about preformance, they just stick stuff where it fits and plug it in. And try to sell you a capacitor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.