Don't want to fiberglass, need speakers...

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
My truck only has room for 6.5" speakers in the back but I don't want to use the back because that's where my box is going. In the front, it has no door speakers and only has 4" or 4.5"?? speaker slots underneath the dash on each side.

What are my options here? no room on top of the dash for fiberglass, or kick panels (clutch is in the way) and I'm avoiding fiberglass.

Is my best option to cut holes in the door panels?

My b2600i
Get or make something like these: minitruck Flat door pods [black] with grilles Mazda Toyota mini - Car Audio Classifieds

My dad drives a Toyota pickup with the same style door panels and 4" in the dash. There was already holes chopped in the door for 6.5's, so I made him up a set of These that run clear down the bottom of the door, they look ok, but after seeing these, I'm going to make a set of the grills to go over them.

3-Way passive set-ups sound great with 6.5's and tweets in the doors and 4" mids in the dash btw.

Get or make something like these: minitruck Flat door pods [black] with grilles Mazda Toyota mini - Car Audio Classifieds
My dad drives a Toyota pickup with the same style door panels and 4" in the dash. There was already holes chopped in the door for 6.5's, so I made him up a set of These that run clear down the bottom of the door, they look ok, but after seeing these, I'm going to make a set of the grills to go over them.

3-Way passive set-ups sound great with 6.5's and tweets in the doors and 4" mids in the dash btw.
So does that just attach to the door? I'm sure I can come up with something but I need the best option to get the best output I can because I don't have room for multiple speakers. I'd like to get the most output out of my db6501's...which I know aren't great for output but they are what I could afford at the time.

So does that just attach to the door? I'm sure I can come up with something but I need the best option to get the best output I can because I don't have room for multiple speakers. I'd like to get the most output out of my db6501's...which I know aren't great for output but they are what I could afford at the time.
Mounts straight to the door, the Toyota has pretty good output, you could probably get better output with the tweeters placed higher up, like the dash or sail panels.

Mounts straight to the door, the Toyota has pretty good output, you could probably get better output with the tweeters placed higher up, like the dash or sail panels.
I'll mess around with that. Other than that, any components you know of that'll match 4krms that's going to my subs?

I'll mess around with that. Other than that, any components you know of that'll match 4krms that's going to my subs?
Wow, 4k, for single mid you'll probably want about 200w going to a set of 8" pa mids if possible, and a loud 2" set of tweets or maybe super tweets in the dash.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Wow, 4k, for single mid you'll probably want about 200w going to a set of 8" pa mids if possible, and a loud 2" set of tweets or maybe super tweets in the dash.

I can build the pods for you really cheap, just need a flat piece of wood and build off that for your doors, attach it with 4 lag bolts and nuts, washers, done.

As for mids keeping up with 4 k, I'd run 2 sets of mids, 6.5s, and push at least 100w rms to each speaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.