JL Audio W7

The MTX might be out of the list because the older ones are very hard to get. The new MTX I dont want to run because there 1500RMS per woofer. Is down to the DD3500 and W6 and W7. Maybe the Sundown X

my opinion get off the jl bandwagon and get a better sub for alot fcukin cheaper. dude get a tantric hd. its 1500w rms and sounds good as hell. or fi or tc sounds or dc or sundown screw the w7 w6 n mtx, thats my opinion. JUST BECAUSE YOUR SPENDING MORE MONEY DOES NOT MEAN YOUR GETTING SOMETHING BETTER.......PERIOD

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and looking for a amp for 2 12" W7s. I have a list in mind but I prefer to run one amp instead of two. Looking for a amp that does 2000rms at 1.5ohms. Also if I run 1200/1HD one per subs is that too much????
X2 JL Audio 1000/1v2

X2 JL Audio 1200/1HD

X2 JL Audio 750/1HD

RF Fosgate T1500BDCP

Arc Audio KS2500.1

Any other good recommendations?
the jl hd 750/1 amps are great amps and produce the power needed to run the w7 subs. they are on the high side price wise but are solid amps i have installed many of them and have only had the first gen, first from jl have issues. IMO one of the 1200/1hd amps is a little much per sub but they can take it. understanding one amp vs to will be best if you can get one. the 1200/1hd will run the pair but a little underpowered.

Out of what you named dd3500. Since your not looking to run 1500rms dont listen to everyone else they are all naming great subs but will 1500+. This is what I would look into.

tantric md

dd3500

fi ssd

Only problem with buying a tantric is that if he buys it today he probably wont see it at his doorstep till 2 months from now.

Don't rule out JL's due to the price. They are very well built sub's that are flexible and sound great. Look around in the classified and pick them up used. A lot of people hate on JL because they are pricey and "mainstream", but the reality is they probably have never used them.

I have run the 12W6v2 and DD3512 ported and they are both excellent sub's. Buy what you like the sound of and can afford and you will be happy.

Don't rule out JL's due to the price. They are very well built sub's that are flexible and sound great. Look around in the classified and pick them up used. A lot of people hate on JL because they are pricey and "mainstream", but the reality is they probably have never used them.
I have run the 12W6v2 and DD3512 ported and they are both excellent sub's. Buy what you like the sound of and can afford and you will be happy.
This^^^^

There's a guy around here that puts up 150+ with a pair of W7 12's. They're plenty loud.

I'd never pay MSRP for them, but they're quite nice if you can buy them in the 300-350$ price range. It's a whole different animal than the Chinese stuff people are recommending.

Yeah the other subs people ahe mentions are way out of the power range I'm looking to run. Like I said before I'm looking to run 1000-1200rms MAX per woofer. So please let me know what are the other options that are in the power range I'm looking to run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.