JL Audio W7

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and looking for a amp for 2 12" W7s. I have a list in mind but I prefer to run one amp instead of two. Looking for a amp that does 2000rms at 1.5ohms. Also if I run 1200/1HD one per subs is that too much????

X2 JL Audio 1000/1v2

X2 JL Audio 1200/1HD

X2 JL Audio 750/1HD

RF Fosgate T1500BDCP

Arc Audio KS2500.1

Any other good recommendations?

Are they the Aniversary editions or new models? Because they have different rms point but its always better to over power your sub than under power it. You can always turn your gain down but you cant always turn it up without running into problems. So id go for the best amp you can get power wise and with jl its best to match since they use weird 1.5 or 3 ohm voice coils.

Are they the Aniversary editions or new models? Because they have different rms point but its always better to over power your sub than under power it. You can always turn your gain down but you cant always turn it up without running into problems. So id go for the best amp you can get power wise and with jl its best to match since they use weird 1.5 or 3 ohm voice coils.
They are the AE edition. I thought the older and newer w7 power was the same?? On jl a site it says "optimum" 750rms and 1000 is still good but anything over is in the danger zone. Would the 1200/1 be too much?? Or should I get x2 1000/1 or the arc audio??

Cant go wrong with slash amps but if your buying mew they can be pricey, all jl stuff is pricey but whats goos is that their mono amps put out the rating at 1.5-4 ohms doesnt matter how you wire them. Just get an amp in your price range that is 1ohm stable and youll be fine. Youll wire the subs into 1.5ohm.

I think I will go with the 1000/1v2 and If I cant get them then the 1200/1v3 should work right? Also I'm considering 2 12" MTX 9500 or W6's. I would rn the MTXs off a 2000-2200 watt amp and the W6s off the 1200/1v3. Which of the 3 subs would hit the hardest and be heard from far away. W7, W6, MTX 9500

If you want your aubs loud you ned alot of power 0 gauge ofc all around and they need to be in a proper enclosure. No pre fabbed stuff custom built for your specific driver. But if you havnt purchased the w7s yet DONT. There is better for cheaper out there you can get alot more bang for your buck literally if you just look and ask. JL stuff is good but way over priced. I originally was going to purchase a W7 for my truck but instead i bought an Fi Q12 for a third of the price. And some say it sounds better and hits harder.

Is there a specific reason for those 3?

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

And i guess if you want them NOW yea your going to have to go with brand names because everything else is custom made to order for the most part.

Dub7s and 6s arent for loud man, they are sound quality subs, your barking up the wrong tree.
Sundown Audio X-10 1250W X Series - SSA STORE

HDC3.112 Copper Coil Subwoofer

BL12 - Fi Car Audio Store

Just one question though, do you even have your electricals up to par to handle 2k rms of power?
I personally heard those three and it's loud enough for me. I don't want to get too crazy and run over 3000 watts with the total system. As far as electrical. I have a xs power d2400 and will be doing the big three once my stuff is installed. Also going to purchase a

240a mechman alternator. Looking to run 1000-1200rms per woofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.