JL audio W7?

Scoobydoo
5,000+ posts

POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
DINGLEBERRY
I have been looking for a 10" sub for a small setup. I already have the box so I have a few ?'s

Will a 10w7 work decently in a .7cuft sealed box? SQ not SPL is the objective here. And is $110 a decent price for a used one?

TIA

well the box can be changed, it just happens to be the one i have sitting here

i guess i should also mention this is for my house, not car and i am thinking of running it with about a 250 watt plate amp

i am going to test it in my car before i buy it with about 900 watts so hopefully it works correctly

well the box can be changed, it just happens to be the one i have sitting here
i guess i should also mention this is for my house, not car and i am thinking of running it with about a 250 watt plate amp

i am going to test it in my car before i buy it with about 900 watts so hopefully it works correctly
900 w is too much for that 10w7

I'm not familiar with JL's box recs, but .7 sounds about right.
And $110 for the sub? Howd you manage that? Craigslist ftw?
ya, the outer duscap cracked and came off. the guy called JL and they want $120 to fix it:eek:

since i want it for in my house and dont want some huge logo on the cap it works out pretty good

900 w is too much for that 10w7
well its a 800watts@4ohm amp and i think the JL is 3ohm correct?

i am only checking to make sure it works correct, im not gonna pound on it, just enough to get it moving a bit

i guess i could just use one channel at about 300watts@3ohm instead of bridging it

well its a 800watts@4ohm amp and i think the JL is 3ohm correct?
i am only checking to make sure it works correct, im not gonna pound on it, just enough to get it moving a bit

i guess i could just use one channel at about 300watts@3ohm instead of bridging it
would make more since if you will be using it on a 250 plate amp later.

Get a funky pup dust cap for it, and it will tear your house down.
WFunky7Pup ftmfw
ya right, not sure that would go over too well with the roomate, she wants something plain

GetAttachment.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.