JL audio vr690-cxi tweeter problem...

Participant count
  • Participant list

alpine_freak32
10+ year member

MIAMI, FL
Has anybody ever had the tweeter go out on them in a two way coaxial speaker??? When i switch the balance from left to right, my right rear speaker plays highs and mids nice and clear... but whenever i switch to the left rear speaker, all I hear is mids. Is the tweeter bad? What's the cause? I have another set of the same speakers which had distortion, even though the rubber surround was fully intact. Is there any way to swap out the tweeters from my old one, to the speakers that are currently in my rear deck?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlvr690.jpg

jlvr6902.jpg

I have the same speakers, and I've never had a problem with them.

Your probably sending them a dirty signal....

do you turn your volume to 100% ? Because, depending on the headunit, the signal usually starts to clip after 75%

That or you have a crappy amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.