JL Audio e1800d settigns for 2 Alpien Type R's 1243d

Participant count
  • Participant list

ERIKCABRERA
10+ year member

i have 2 alpine type R'S (New Models) and i wanted to know whats the right way to set them inside, i think its positive to positive, then negative to negative, finally use the outside positive and negative for the speaker wires. I think this is for it to be set at 4 ohms each and the amp will give off 2ohm of 1100W. Now if this is correct (please verify this) now what do i set on the amp like LP Filter Freq. (Hz), Input Sensitivity, LP Filter Off,12db,24db? and obviously i leave bass boost on. Let me know thanks.

1243's are 4 ohm dvcs.

if your amp is 1 ohm stable you wire everything in parallel. if not, wire the subs themselves in series, then in parallel to the amp to bring it back down to 4

but yeah there 4 ohms dual, now ok the amp says 2 ohms at 1100, thats what i think is the best if my subs are 600rms max and i have 2 of them. Now doing it parallel is the best way to achieve this 2ohm setting on the amp?

alright then you'll have to run it at 4. you could do 1 ohm but you run the risk of busting up your amp.

with 4ohm dual voice coils you can only get a 4 or 1 ohm load (you can get 16 too but that's useless lulz). have it wired to 4 ohms for now, and later on if you want more power then sell the JL and find an amp that will do some good power @ 1 ohm (AQ1200 would be good)

subs should be wired as follows:

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

What ya mean exactly, that i will have to get the subs at 4ohms each and that will set the amp to do 2ohms 1100?
read what i just posted.

dual voice coils can be a PITA cause if you have a dual 4ohm sub, ironically it can't be wired to 4 ohms. it can be wired to 8ohms or 2ohms. it's not possible to get a 2 ohm load with 2x dual 4ohm subs

LP should be ~80Hz, input sensitivity should match the preout voltage on your headunit (if you have a DMM you can use it to be accurate), for the LP filter just switch between 12db and 24, see which one sounds better. if you don't have any speakers that can pickup 100-200Hz i would use a 12dB setting, but if you do have speakers use the 24dB (the LP filter defines how steep the rolloff is)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.