JL AUDIO 300/4 V2 amp mod

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmcinvale
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a JL AUDIO 300/4 V2 4 channel amp that has been internally modded to be a two channel amp while still driving down to 1.5 ohm loads at 150 WPC. Any idea on how that mod was done? I want to get a second amp and do that mod as I plan on getting an audio processor and need my rear speakers on their own amp.

not sure but ill drop my 300/4 post here if your looking for another //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

ah nvm forgot ur on v2, mines a v1... in mint condition tho

I don't think it is bridged as the person who sold it to me said there is 28 volts DC on one set of speaker terminals. More than likely someone who knew what they were doing modded the internal circuitry.

28 volts dc voltage is not a good thing at all that would blow a speaker rather quickly so if that were the case he didnt know what he was doing. not to mention the 300/4 is so regulated that even running it at lower ohm load wouldnt give you any increase in power just distortion

All that is used is one left right speaker terminal pair. The speaker terminals formerly for the other two channels are unused. Not sure if he modded the amp or not, but he works in electronics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.