jl audio 10W3v2 box suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papabambam

Dudes,

I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a jl audio 10W3v2 10" sub. Specs here:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=11

I have a 2006 Ford Supercrew with only one place for a sub, and only a couple of options on enclosures. (I don't have time to make one).

Both enclosures limit mouting depth to about 5.8".

Both a sealed and bandpass enclosure can get me about .65 ft of airspace. Perfect for what JL recommends for sealed with this woofer, but not close to the 1.00 recommended for ported.

So, I guess my question is this. Is this the type of sub that's ideal for sealed, or is it begging to be put in a ported/bandpass box? Alternatively, can you recommend a better sub for a sealed enclosure?.....or a more ideal sub to fit this bandpass Q Logic enclosure? Specs here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZjrOw6VEztV/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182750&I=044CFTX01

P.S. Probox makes an upfiring box.....I don't want upfiring, so don't bother suggesting it. THANKS in advance for any suggestions!

i met this girl, her name was blah blah blah
she had 9/10 pants and a very large bra
What a gay response.

I would stay away from bandpass enclosures. Stick with sealed unless you really want boom and care nothing about sound quality.

As for location, lots of people have put the sub under the back seat and have it down-firing. Perhaps you should try visiting a car audio shop in your area and see what options they have for truck boxes. You might even find a better sub and box deal, as the w3v2 has been saddled with a less-than-stellar performance record compared to the v1 and the new v3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.