JL Amplifier -differences in product

crazyforstereo

I love JL amplifiers, but I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between their product lines. I previously had I believe the slash v2 and xd. Is it worth paying the premium for more expensive JL models. My purpose is just great sound while i drive with plenty of sub, no compeitions or anything. Does anyone have an opinion or experience?

just had a guy say that his old mtx amp was stronger than lower end jl.. i'm sure higher end are good but very pricey.. what sub/s u have how much power u want? do u have 0ga wire or big 3 wires done? maybe we can recomend some others for u

If you're on a budget go for slash series as long as it meets your power requirements. If you have money and want to buy a tier up go for it. I personally have a difficult time hearing a difference between amps as long as wattage is comparable. There's been huge debates about it for years. I don't think it's difficult to get decent sound and power as long as your not buying complete garbage. I don't know if you would be able to tell the difference between the middle and higher tiers of JL. That seems to be extremely dependent on the individual. You may very well be better of buying a more powerful middle of the road amp if you're not dead set on JL. JL makes some good stuff though.

Saying that I tend to collect higher end older amps because I appreciate the craftsmanship and design. (An Exception is Fosgate. I love the Fosgate Constant Power Series for sub duty due to their design.)

I've swapped around a few different ones when I was using the slash 450/4v2 and 300/2v2 on the doors.

Tried a XD and HD. I never could tell a difference once all the power levels where matched.

I do like the look of the RDs.

time for them to close the doors.
Even sundown, dc, crescendo, twisted amps would be a lot more clean power for half the price. Gain had to be 70% for you to achieve anywhere close to 70% of the PPI's output but by then you can totally tell the amp is overly stressed because it couldnt put out the clean power. I put that amp in the snake oil basket. Its just as loud as my JL G6600 6 channel which is 75 watts and the JL sounded better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.