JL 12 s6v2 Questions

Wired my friends up. Same setup, sounds awsome. Ported em, and wired them series/parellel and bridge em you will be very satisfied. :veryhappy

Does't really matter about series or parallel with the JL amp it handles any ohm from 1.5 to 4 ohm at the same output. Myself, I have had two of the same with a JL 500/1 wired series for a 4 ohm load. Its easy on the amp. But, do consider upgrading to a JL 1000/1 for those subs, I did, and its a hell of a difference.

Thanks for the Replys. i think im going to run them at a 4 ohm load, but i do plan on getting another 500/1 so each sub would have a amp.

for everyone who has this sub, do you like it? i bought two on eBay 3 months ago and never set them up, just wondering what i should expect.

thanks -rick-

If you had actually bothered to read and/or do the math, it does matter how you wire them. There is only one load you can wire them to (4 ohms) that is within the range that the amp can handle. If you have the option you should always wire multiple subs in parallel. The coils of a single subs don't matter as long as you get the impedance you are looking for. Wire the two coils in series (8 ohm) and the two subs in parallel (4 ohm). Same if you decide to run a 1000/1. If you get a second 500/1 then paralleliing the coils will keep you in the amp's happy range.

Mine are sealed at 1.179 ^3 each. I don't have any thing to compare them to as far as other subs. I do think they sound great, but I have become immune to them and I am now thinking about porting them.

I stand corrected on the wiring of the two subs, helotaxi is right, only able to wire two of them for a 4 ohm load and stay within the 500/1 range.

The 500/1 amp has double pos and neg outputs, you can wire the subs in series, have two terminals , one for each sub, and when you get your other amp you would not have to open your box up for additional wiring.

i heard one, not two but i'm impressed. Nice sound quality to them. Great subs if you don't need the output of say a W7, but would like similar SQ

true that limit, the 500/1 will put out a good 600 RMS but that still isnt enough for 2 12W6v2 cause you gotta remember those subs are heavliy underrated. Will it still sound good.........prolly, but then why bother with 12's if ur not gonna power them to their potential, thats just the way i look at it.

Hey said he was getting another 500/1 amp one for each (which i dont know why you would not get a 1000/1) but either way you will be able to run the 500's at a lower ohm impeadence. Wire them in parallel creating a 1 ohm load. Port em, and you will be very pleased. As for the load my friends was on he is running at 4 ohms wired in series/parallel. Sounds really nice, and if you set it up right the 500/1 will do fine, he doesnt seem to be competing and will save money. Also better amps out there for the money so dont just settle for the JL look around. Could save a whole hell of alot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.