JL 1000.1 Low Voltage Indicator / Strange circumstances

It could be the fuse. It can't be the 4 awg. That amp only has 4 gauge inputs (not that it really matters at all). He is dropping due to resistance in the line. That's USUALLY a bad ground, but a bad fuse or bad connection can easily cause this. The 4 gauge not being enough would not drop so low in this scenario.
WEll i wasnt indicating its the solution... but the 1000/1's do draw alot of current. If hes running 2 amps off a single 4 ga lead, no big 3, stock bat, stock alt... ive had about 6 of those amps over the years and seen em cut out on situations like that. But yes more likely that seing the low voltage indicator light on theres something else. I was telling him hed still be better off running at leat 2 ga. If hes splitting to two amps then he can do two 4 ga leads off a 2 ga dist block or off a battcap or sumn then anyways. i would...

he has two amps crack. And even JL recommends a 1/0 run to a distro block for the current ******* amp. And I think it takes JLs special 2awg
I understand, but when wire is dropping voltage like that it will heat up and catch on fire. I'm not recommending he not upgrade. I'm saying that can't be the cause of such severe voltage drop in this scenario.

WEll i wasnt indicating its the solution... but the 1000/1's do draw alot of current. If hes running 2 amps off a single 4 ga lead, no big 3, stock bat, stock alt... ive had about 6 of those amps over the years and seen em cut out on situations like that. But yes more likely that seing the low voltage indicator light on theres something else. I was telling him hed still be better off running at leat 2 ga. If hes splitting to two amps then he can do two 4 ga leads off a 2 ga dist block or off a battcap or sumn then anyways. i would...
Sure... and you're correct. I wouldn't ever recommend using too small of wires in an install. I was just trying to point out that in this scenario, the cause of the voltage drop is something else.

Everything pounded hard even with the 4awg. I shouldn't have to go over that when it worked for over a month without issues. The ground could of been rattled off from the continuous banging so I will check that this weekend. Thanks for the responses everyone, I will also do the big 3 when I get a chance and get another battery in the trunk.

What battery do you guys recommend? Best bang for buck.

Also, will I be ok if I do the big 3, with 4 gauge running to a rear battery, then 0 gauge off that split into 2 4 gauges for my two amps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.