jetta A4 amp rack

Participant count
  • Participant list

x5-452
10+ year member

so ive got a new car to work with... a jetta as i stated above... i want to mount my amps on the sides of the trunk and i wonder besides fiberglass... whats the best way to make an amp rack out of mdf? i mean... how do i figure out the shape/size of the piece i need to cut?

thanx

Well, realize it will be boxy and use cardboard and a good, stiff pair of scissors to make a template. a little overhang of carpet will cover up your seams.

let me see if i got it rigt... i place the cardboard against the hole i want to use... then with a pair of scissors just cut the edges till i get the disired shape?... or do i need to use a marker or fold the cardboard?

you can use a marker on the cardboard, but my recommendation is to cut up some boxes to make a sheet of cardboard you can use, start by trimming to get a rough shape, then keep trimming until you get a tight fit. then you have a template for the spot in the trunk you want to adapt to. Cut board to match. It's not easy to get the angles of curves though, so carpeting over your finished product will help a lot (just fold it back with a little bit loose, push more in as needed to make it smooth).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.