jeep speakers, PLEASE HELP!!!

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
my dad has a 99 jeep grand cherokee with the infinity gold speaker system, and his 2 front speakers crackle and he wants me to see if i can replace them, my question is do any of you know what size they are??where can i find this out?? they look like 3" or 3 1/2"s.....i dont wanna take off the whole dash until i install them.....

They are there. They are a tweeter (sort of). They are actually classified as a two inch (I think) full range speaker. What I have always done with faced w/ this problem at the shop (10 + times on the new grands). They go bad quite easily. I either get a good set of 1" Silk Domes (Kicker R22s for example) (Memphis makes a 1 1/2" i believe. They both make good replacements. You can either make a bracket out of backstrap, or use velcro to put them in the openings. By the way, the dash is easy as hell to take out up there. All you need is a little prying from a panel popper and it pops right out. Your hands will also do the trick. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.