JBL WGTI replacement ?

Participant count
  • Participants list

AshleyOU

CarAudio.com Newbie
Savannah
I was never able to get my hands on a JBL WGTI subwoofer before they where discontinued. Seemed like a perfect subwoofer. Solid SQ, good output, and didn't take tons of power to get moving. Very efficient subwoofer

What is the 2020 equivalent ? I've been told Audiofrog GB series is a close match to it and the same engineer. Been also told the JL W6 isn't much worst but i'm not a fan of the price to be honest.

Basically an efficient subwoofer with good SQ. Not looking for a sloppy SPL sub that takes tons of power to get moving.

EDIT: I also liked that the JBL WGTI also came in a 15 inch variant but could still move air on 500-800 watts. Seems like alot of the more technical subs don't come in 15 inch variants or require beefier power

I was never able to get my hands on a JBL WGTI subwoofer before they where discontinued. Seemed like a perfect subwoofer. Solid SQ, good output, and didn't take tons of power to get moving. Very efficient subwoofer

What is the 2020 equivalent ? I've been told Audiofrog GB series is a close match to it and the same engineer. Been also told the JL W6 isn't much worst but i'm not a fan of the price to be honest.

Basically an efficient subwoofer with good SQ. Not looking for a sloppy SPL sub that takes tons of power to get moving.

EDIT: I also liked that the JBL WGTI also came in a 15 inch variant but could still move air on 500-800 watts. Seems like alot of the more technical subs don't come in 15 inch variants or require beefier power

I actually have a single w15 gti I may be interested in selling or trading. I'm back after a long hiatus, shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Matt

Thanks for the replies. Someone in another forum also mentioned the Adire Audio Brahma

Anybody know anything about this subwoofer ? They said it was a popular sub about 15 years ago for good output with amazing SQ but the company went out of business. Also was told it was popular enough sound wise that people even used it frequently for home audio (same thing with the WGTI). I think in 2018 they re-opened and last year they started to sell the Brahma again

Wonder if it was ahead of it's time but other companies have caught up or if it's still an elite sub present day ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.