jbl vs kicker

diminishedpower
10+ year member

I Like Chicken
Iowa
right nwo all i need is 600 watts rms to feed 2 type r's(300w's each) i was wondering which would be the best choice, the jbl1200.1 or the kx600.1, im in a ported box and the jbl doesnt come with a sub-sonic filter, so is it really necisary for one, and the kx600.1 cost more, so would it feed more clean power to my subs, plus i heard id actually get 350 to 400w rms to each sub with the kx, i was just wondering because everyone seems to have the jbl but it just seems cheaper then the kx600. your input would be great, thnxs

There are some variables to take into consideration. The Kicker is a nice amp. It is under rated and puts out good clean power. The sub sonic filter can protect your subs because most sub sonic sound is not part of the music; its basically noise in the signal.

The Jbl is what I think of as a poor mans Ferrari. It puts out good clean power too, but is pushing just about what its rated at.

If you go with the JBL, you can install an Audiocontrol Epicenter later on which is a sweet bass enhancer and it comes with a built in Sub Sonic filter.

The Kicker is going to push 600 watts at 2 ohms.

The JBL is going to push the same, however if you have dual 4 ohm subs you can wire them to one ohm and push 1200 watts.

If you think 600 is enough (more like 700+) go with the kicker.

If you want to upgrade later on you might want to go with the JBL. :patriotic

The JBL does ~1300w @ 1-2ohms, ~700w @ 4ohms. Way more amp for the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As far as needing a subsonic filter, you can just buy an F-mod. What are you tuned to?

I'm in the same boat as diminishedpower. I have 2 ED12k subs with dual 4ohm. I'm seriously considering the JBL 1200.1 and running it at 4ohm for the time being. Would these subs even be able to handle 600w each if I ran it at 1ohm? But, the point of my post, where is the best place to purchase the jbl as far as price and service goes?

from what i hear the susb could take the extra power but im thinink ill take the kicker just because of the pure quality of it compared to a jbl

for me, I will take features and quality over extra watts, I am not saying the JBL is low quality, I just prefer the build of the kicker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've only herd a kicker amp running a kicker sub which are all SPL and no SQ so my opinion if your going for cleaner sound get the JBL.
the same amps have and do both...a great SQ amp now is our SX lineup...built in DSP...no other amp really has these features...try looking at one...pretty neat.

like I said It was a kicker sub and amp I've found the kicker subs preform very well at what the're designed for, SPL. But I'm not too fussy on them as far as SQ goes, the subs I mean. That is just my personal opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.