JBL Subs

badazzDD
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey all.. i need some opinions on JBL subs.. I have a BP1200.1 and i want to run matching equipment, so i am looking to sell my DD's and get some JBL's. I know the GTI and Power series subs are pretty good.. But, i am looking more towards the cheaper series' and get more.. like 4 of the gt10's.. 250 RMS and 1000max.. also, the GTO series 10's.. 300 RMS an 1200 max.. I want to run all four off of the one bp1200.1.. this way it's still pretty lout b/c of more cone area but i dont have to worry abut more amp draw, since i will be using only 1 amp... let me know what you think about these subs! For a mix of SQ and SPL ... I am also thinking about running some poer series 6x9's for rear fill and some GTi 6.5 component systems on a 180.2..

I know tha my DD's wil hit harder than the JBL's.. but, im not looking for extreme SPL

Originally posted by badazzDD Hey all.. i need some opinions on JBL subs.. I have a BP1200.1 and i want to run matching equipment, so i am looking to sell my DD's and get some JBL's. I know the GTI and Power series subs are pretty good.. But, i am looking more towards the cheaper series' and get more.. like 4 of the gt10's.. 250 RMS and 1000max.. also, the GTO series 10's.. 300 RMS an 1200 max.. I want to run all four off of the one bp1200.1.. this way it's still pretty lout b/c of more cone area but i dont have to worry abut more amp draw, since i will be using only 1 amp... let me know what you think about these subs! For a mix of SQ and SPL ... I am also thinking about running some poer series 6x9's for rear fill and some GTi 6.5 component systems on a 180.2..

I know tha my DD's wil hit harder than the JBL's.. but, im not looking for extreme SPL
well how much are you looking to spend?

I am looking to spend what ever it takes to complete the system.. not sure on my limit for just the subs (what i will be buying first) .. but i will buy those with the money i get for the dd3512's and box.. also i am selling my lightning audio x1.1000.1d amp .. Use that money and add in probabily $200, and i should be able to buy all 4 of the 10's

Originally posted by badazzDD Well, are JBL subs not worth it?
wel I am just asking so we could give you more subs options instead of just JBL, also trying to figure out how much money you are going to have to see what subs are in your price range

Well, pretty much every sub.. exept for the w7's and other really expensive subs are in my range.. probabily about $600-$800 for the subs... the thing is, i can get the JBL's for less than that and i want to run all matching equipment for shows and things, if i wanted to compete only, then i would eep my DD's... So, its either JBL or Lightning Audio, since i have some of both.. but i dont know anyone using all JBL..

2 10" or 2 12" GTi subs will be all you need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . they are just badass. hefty price tag though.

look at other brands though. comps dont care if you have all the same product, only sponsors would.

Well, the only problem i really have is the box... I am trading in my car soon and i need subs that dont require a lot of air space... just incase i end up with a truck or hach or whatever.. and i would like to go all of one brand just to match.. no particular reason.. if box was no problem, id trade in my LA amp, get another 1200.1 and upgrade the DD's to the 9500 series.. run one on each in my same box.. that should be loud... So, i figured 4 GTO series 10's on one 1200.1 or 4 Power series 10's on 2 1200.1's.. I am really undecied at this point..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.