JBL Sub Questions?

jstaguy24
10+ year member

I have been looking at the JBL W12GTi MkII sub for my system. I will be running it with a TMA 1000.1 amp. That sub with the dual 6 ohm coil will put me at 3 ohm so I wont be getting full power from the amp. Was also looking at the JBL P1222 sub which I can get down to a one ohm load and get full power from the amp. How do these subs compare. I have seen good reviews on here of the W12Gti but nothing on the P1222. Any help would be appreciated.

i had the p1222 ran off a lanzar opti sl800d. the first ported box i ever built it was 2.35 cubes at 33hz. built from free plans on this board.. it did VERY well.. you would not be disappointed if you went with this sub.. and for the price difference you could probably get 2 of them.. i think i scored mine off ebay for about 125 shipped when i got it....

ya about $125 for the P1222. About $250 for the JBL W12GTi MkII im finding on ebay. I already have the box built just for one sub. Sealed about 1.5 cubic feet. Only going with one sub.

i have the w12gti in a sealed box built to JBL specifications... but wish i would have used a 1.5cubft box like you have there... go for the w12gti no chance youll be disappointed

I have no experiance with the power series sub. I have a GTIMK2 though and love it. You'll be giving it what, 600ish watts? Should have plenty of output, mines on 700 and it's unessacary.

Ya its 500 at 4 ohm, 750 at 2 ohm so ill be in the middle there somewhere

I have no experiance with the power series sub. I have a GTIMK2 though and love it. You'll be giving it what, 600ish watts? Should have plenty of output, mines on 700 and it's unessacary.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.