Fi subs?

97chameleonbird
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Someone told me to get the Fi Bl 12's. My setup is going to be 2 12 inch subs. I dont have anything really planned yet as i am looking for the best stuff i can afford. I pretty much want really really really really really good stuff. i came across a company on here called DC Sound Lab but I guess they are pretty new and people arent too sure about them. I guess im just asking for people to throw out some insane setups of subs and amps that they can think of along with prices.

thanks

Yea, sorry, I figured I would do that.

My goal is to pretty much blow people away with my stuff, I want it to shake peoples cars next to me.

My car is a 97 Firebird, its a hatchback, which I heard was pretty good for subs.

Im not really sure what my budget is. I was looking at two 12 inch Fi Bl's with all the upgrades and such for almost 700 so, around there I guess, if its more, but really good, I'm sure I can save up.

As for power, I dont have an amp either because I dont know what subs I'm getting so, whatever subs I get will determine what amp I would need. And I will also like some info on amps along with the subs if people can reccomend them.

If your goal is just ultra loud, then the BTL would be more up your alley than the BL would.

And you'd need a ton of power. I'd say @k or so for 2 BTL 12s. Hifonics makes some decent budget amps that put out tons of power, but I'd keep my eye on the FS section here and see what you can come up with. Lots of good amps get sold here for good prices. Not sure what your amp budget would be, though.

Yes you dont need 2 12's to get ultra loud. You got a firebird, and those btls require alot of space your car doesn't have. Why not just one 15" btl? or just one 12? You will still blow people away with about 3000 watts rms with a quallity install and a good box. You know how to make boxes? If not im sure alot of people will be glad to make a custom box for you at a good price.

Yes you dont need 2 12's to get ultra loud. You got a firebird, and those btls require alot of space your car doesn't have. Why not just one 15" btl? or just one 12? You will still blow people away with about 3000 watts rms with a quallity install and a good box. You know how to make boxes? If not im sure alot of people will be glad to make a custom box for you at a good price.
beat me to it

Yea, space is kind of tight back there but im planning on using the whole "trunk space" area, as I have no need for it anyway. Im also going to be going for looks with it also so if it isnt a perfect size then it wont be that bad, but I do want good sound so, I dont know what im going to do, haha. Im not sure how big the area is back there but it seems like a decent size.

I've never built a box to specs but I am going to be trying to on this one. I know most of you are probably going to say, Oh he cant even build a box to spec, he is way out of his league.

But I learn pretty quick and have been doing research and have a good idea on what to do. But thanks for the input. If anyone knows how to figure out the space of the area im putting my subs I'll definately go out there and measure it up. The problem is, it is very oddshaped, and theres barely any straight flat spots. I also removed the spare tire but i was thinking of putting the extra battery there. But if I need that space for the sub I'm sure i can find another place.

Well this box will be difficult for you. And I bet the monies that your first one wont be perfect. But its ok, it takes practice. But for a firebird your most likely going to have a really hard time finding airspace. And if you want loud, then go ported. I really suggest having someone else building it for you since it is a really odd shape. and do one 12 btl, and that would be more than enough depending if you build the box correctly and intall it correctly.

The advice on here has been really good. Go with a single 12. Don't go with the assumption that you need more than a certain number of subs to get loud. Some of the top SPL numbers have been obtained off of 1 sub. It is all install.

I have to X2 what myfartsstink (what kinda name is that lol) said. For this install, you really may want to look into a pro box builder (fisher). Being that a very well built box is going to add some serious sound to your setup.

Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.