Kicker 06DS12L52 ++ Hifonics BXi 1606D,, Any Good??

Participant count
  • Participant list

deepthump17
10+ year member

Hey just looking to buy some good subs that hit hard for the price range I have.

I'm looking into the Kicker 06DS12L52 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7773_Kicker+06DS12L52+-+DS12L5+2+ohms-.html

Powered by a Hifonics BXi 1606D http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6336_--+PRICE+DROP-+--+Hifonics+BXi+1606D.html

Would that sub setup or the amp be any good? Or could I find something in the 600 or below range for the 2 12's + amp + box that would be better?

Help appreciated thanks.

the L5s would be fine but i would recommend a diff box. maybe you can just get 2 L5s by themselves and build your own box or have someone build one for you.. if not, try 2 12" CVXs off of that amp. the CVXs can take more than 1500 a piece, hit pretty dang hard and sound pretty good. the type Rs would also be a good choice but i hear that they like at least 1000 a piece to sound good. someone else will probably chime in with more info.

the L5s would be fine but i would recommend a diff box. maybe you can just get 2 L5s by themselves and build your own box or have someone build one for you.. if not, try 2 12" CVXs off of that amp. the CVXs can take more than 1500 a piece, hit pretty dang hard and sound pretty good. the type Rs would also be a good choice but i hear that they like at least 1000 a piece to sound good. someone else will probably chime in with more info.
More like 750, i heard they dont last very long on 1000.

Those boxes arent THAT bad, but i would suggest a different one. That one looks to have a lack of port area and is tuned pretty high.

yeah the kicker boxes are tuned kinda high. thus you should build your own.. supposedly R's bang when they are in their comfort zone (which i guess is 750 (thanks fargof)). i would still try to hit up 2 CVXs in a dual 12" ported box.

ehh yeah you can but most people dont like pre fabs. you can ask someone on here (close to you) to build you one and you pay for materials + labor. there are a ton of helpful people here that would do it for you. just make a thread asking for a box builder to build you one. what subs have you descided on?

hifonics are good amps, especially for the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
See now thats subjective, ive just finished the return of my Hifonics (sig), but yet ive heard tons of good reviews, as well as some bad.

I'm either gunna go with the type r's because their a bit cheaper or the Kickers in the pre-fab box. I've never really listened to a competition or even a good system so would the pre-fab kicker sound bad to me? This is just my starter system and in a year or two ill have some real money. So would 2 type r's 114$ a piece and a box made by somebody on this site cost more than the 2 kicker's pre-fab which is like 370. I also want it to look nice and the kickers look pretty dam hot from my point of view.

you might as well have a good first system though. you can start off good so that when you upgrade, you will be more experienced with good stuff. 2 R's would be just fine but get someone to design you a good box for them. a lot of people here use those so you can get opinions on tuning and volume. you could just get a kicker L7 15 for the same price and let that sucka slamm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.