Jbl...phd....cdt

Hunter88

Indiana
Just purchased a very clean 08 taurus sel. Its loaded but the stock stereo and speakers are just terrible. I plan on getting the clarion cz702 or 80prs, not to sure yet. Subs will be (2) SA-8v2s. The 08 taurus is big car with a huge trunk. The cabin in huge as well.

All doors have speakers plus the rear deck 6x9. Ill leave the rears stock and run a nice front stage and subs. I listen to alot of classic rock, rock, rap and some country. I want to keep it passive with nice clarity and good midrange/bass. Going for SQ with some lows.

Looking at:

JBL MS62C

PHD fb 6.1

CDT

Want to spend under 300 for the components. Amp ideas will be considered. The ppi 900.4 for the fronts and a mono amp for the subs. Not sure on what mono to get. Thanks for helping!

I wouldnt even consider CDT based on quality vs. price. Clarion HU and the JBL comps is what I would go with. If you only plan on running passive PHD and the 80PRS is probably over kill. Id take the cash saved there and put it into deadener and doing a full door and trunk treatment to optimize your install.

A design would be what I would need. I should be able to build one. As for the hat speakers, the only thing I can listen to around here are low line mainstream crap. So im going in blind. I did buy some jbl p660c for my girls car and they sound good. But im wanting something more high quality. I want the best bang for buck that will sound natural and good mids. Ill be deadening and sealing the doors and trunk.

Since Im not able to listen to the higher end speakers, Im putting trust here.

FYI, onlinecarstereo says top mounting depth is 4.5"! Front doors. I dont know if that correct or not.

The cdt are nice. But you'll need to get into the $300 + range. The low end sets are ok but just like most the higher end sets are where the best sound comes from. We at cdt are having a sale all month on 2 and 3 way mc sets just a FYI

I appreciate that, but im leaning towards the JBL or PHD. I know the phd are italian made gems, craftsman wise and quality. But Im not ready for active (i dont think?). Do the phd sound good ran passive?

Is 12v the only site other than the hat website and ebay? The HAT imagine coaxial are tempting due to different sail panels in my car. Im guessing their designed to be coaxial?

I wouldnt even consider CDT based on quality vs. price. Clarion HU and the JBL comps is what I would go with. If you only plan on running passive PHD and the 80PRS is probably over kill. Id take the cash saved there and put it into deadener and doing a full door and trunk treatment to optimize your install.
so the quality is sub par compared to the pricing with CDT? i was going to get the ES-02 and es-06 and a crossover from them but now you just gave me second thoughts lol.

so the quality is sub par compared to the pricing with CDT? i was going to get the ES-02 and es-06 and a crossover from them but now you just gave me second thoughts lol.
Jeff the Es models are seriously bad azz components. That's what I run myself these sound fantastic and get really loud I've got mine set at 250 rms per side The mid bass is great and the tweets are very smooth I've had hertz Hsk. Pb6.1 pros. Boston pro series and these sound better and louder than all of them

Jeff the Es models are seriously bad azz components. That's what I run myself these sound fantastic and get really loud I've got mine set at 250 rms per side The mid bass is great and the tweets are very smooth I've had hertz Hsk. Pb6.1 pros. Boston pro series and these sound better and louder than all of them
Man its a hard choice for me right now lol. I have a 265 dollar credit with vertex audio, i can either get the ES-02, es-06 and HD2000 crossover for 400 shipped which is only 135$ more

Or the HD 62 set for 315

OR i can get incriminator audio 6.5 components + IA 6 X 9 coaxials and still have money left over without having to pay a dime.

Not sure how i want to go with this. is the quality difference worlds apart or is it just a moderate difference between the two choices? I just want decent midrange and good midbass dont really care about trebles too much unless its harsh sounding then its an automatic out.

PS sorry for thread jack OP

i have the CDT CL-62 with WS100i Imaging Tweets and they sounds great, Highs are great and mids are great, so i bet the HD version is going to be awesome, i would maybe go with the HD and get u the WS100i Imaging tweets with it. so u may want to get the HD-62AS or go with the CL-62pro i think u would still be happy with the CL's i got a good deal from vertex see if he still has the cl-62 on sale for 195.00, i got them for that and the imaging tweets from Trumpet for 75.00 (not sure if he still has any at that price, but worth checking) so i pretty much got the CL-62pro for 270.00 free shipping

I have cdt 3 way cl/hd component sets right now for 300 plus shipping can either get a 6.5 mid or even a 6x9 mid bass 2or3 inch mid range and silk dome tweet with theme 1000 2-3 way crossover

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.