Jbl p660c 6 1/2 vs cdt cl-e61neo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
I used to have CDT 61As in the truck I just sold, I now have a new car and I need shallow mount speakers because I do not want to cut the stock speaker grill (the 61As will not fit). The P660Cs are half the price of the E61NEOs, would the E61NEOs sound twice as good? Any other shallow mount speakers that I should look/listen at? Also, I plan on running them passive.

I used to have CDT 61As in the truck I just sold, I now have a new car and I need shallow mount speakers because I do not want to cut the stock speaker grill (the 61As will not fit). The P660Cs are half the price of the E61NEOs, would the E61NEOs sound twice as good? Any other shallow mount speakers that I should look/listen at? Also, I plan on running them passive.
How much power you running? Also,keep in mind that the jbl's are 2ohm

I don't have an amp yet, but the amps I am looking at, one is 145watts per channel and another is 80watts per channel (RMS).

If shallow mount is what your wanting then I would suggest the cdt's. If the cdt 61-a's will not work then im pretty sure the Jbl's wont either,as far as space. On another note, I personally do not recommend any of cdt's xovers under the 560. Not a fan of the tweeter atteunator(cuts off the tweeter at high volume) And the fact that they are poorly made. And are those ratings at 4 or 2ohms as far as those amps you are eyeing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.