jbl gto 751 with dvc2 re sx18......?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Ok i have a re sx 18 which is a dvc 2 ohm sub rated at 1k. So im thinking about getting a jbl gto 751 but its only stable down to 2 ohms. I was thinking about just using one coil. Would that work for me. I know the sub can handle more then 1k. My thing is when meade tested the gto500 it did its peak rating of 770. This amp peak rated at 1200. Will it do that? Will this amp do 1 ohm if i keep it cool.... thanks for the help

You need a 1 ohm stable amplifier to get the best power output for your money. Do not run that subwoofer with only 1 voice coil.

JBL is not going to warranty your amplifier if you run it at 1 ohm. I have done it with a 501EZ, but I do not recommend it.

Ok thanks. So what about running a amp on each coil not strapped. I was thinking of getting a the 501 and doing that. It would give me about 1200- 1800 rms total. People say dont do it cause its bad for the sub then i read its ok if they are tuned right.

Ok thanks. So what about running a amp on each coil not strapped. I was thinking of getting a the 501 and doing that. It would give me about 1200- 1800 rms total. People say dont do it cause its bad for the sub then i read its ok if they are tuned right.
It can be done, but this is not for the novice.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

It can be done, but this is not for the novice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.