Jbl 600.1 Help!!

Originally posted by F150Matt Yea as soon as I crank up the amp turns on and both the red and green lights are on. Then a few seconds if I have ran the truck recently or a few mins if its been sittin a few hours the red light clicks off the green light stays on, the subs make sound but dont really hit for a sec or two then they kick in and start boomin. I dont think its voice coils on the subs because they push in and out just fine with no friction. What do you think it is?
you should test the voltage of the amps terminals

Originally posted by Steven AS i'm sure most of you know, amplifiers are full of capacitors. This delay in turning on may be just the amp charging these caps up. The longer delay in cold weather would be caused by the electrolite in the caps also being cold, and less able to charge.
the delay shouldn't take mins-------- caps charge according to their RC time constant--------the electrolite doesn't have an effect on this... It's not a battery

im thinking of getting a 600.1 to push 2 r type 12s with dual 2 ohm vc's, this thread makes me a little hesitant. is it worth it or should i got with sumthing better?

Originally posted by billy98sport im thinking of getting a 600.1 to push 2 r type 12s with dual 2 ohm vc's, this thread makes me a little hesitant. is it worth it or should i got with sumthing better?
the amp is most likely fine just something with the install isn't right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.