jbl 1200.1

Originally posted by picklekx A lot of people have been blowing there l7s with just a 1200.1 on one so i wouldnt do it.

how about if i run it at 4ohms...each amp will throw 600 rms at each speaker..and it should run more eficient at 4 ohms.or did they blow thier l7's at 4 ohms?

check your wiring. Local installer I talked to said the JBL amps are good but he had a guy comei n one time with one running at one ohm and his wiring wasn't up to par and that was the cause of it cutting off. Those amps are one ohm stable, but JBL even recommends running it at 2 ohms for better quality.

The amp is a mono amp though...there is no bridging when you only have one channel. It's stable to one ohm, try putting a fan on it to make it run cooler though. It may help out with the problem. The amps ARE stable to one ohm but are happier at 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.