Jbl 1200.1

Slaymon
10+ year member

I need new audio eqiup
I'm thinking about getting one. But I have a few questions about it. Is it rated at 1200 at 4 ohms as well, and if it is do you think that would blow my two FR HE2's after extended use. The rms on them is 400w. If its not rated 1200 at 4 ohms do you think I should get a third HE2's and run them at a 2.67 ohm load. I've been screwin around with this stuff for a while just want some advice of someone that might really know what they're doing. Let me know so I can figure out what to do.

Taken straight from the JBL site:

Output 4 Ohms: 600W x 1

Output 2 Ohms: 1200W x 1

so, realisticly each subs (i assume you have 2) will see 300WRMS. If you wire the subs in parallel, it will be a 2Ohm load and each sub will see 600WRMS. If you do this, just be careful with the gains.

I dont know if the jbl amp is underrated but i think it is. anyone know for sure and can give ratings?

Well they are dual 4ohm subs. Well I already have a Soundstream Picasso 880.2. Since Soundstream has been bought out by Pyramid I'm not so sure how long it'll last. I've been up at school and only got to listen to it for a week. So I'm not sure if the Picasso is as good as the old Soundstreams are. I hear the JBL's are bad ass anyway. I really like the simple look and the price for it. I think I know someone that'll buy my Picasso for around $200 and I would just turn around and spend an extra $60 or so for the JBL. I also hear they don't have a lot of problems with them. I think I'll just get a third HE2 and run them down to a 2.67 load.

Jbl amps are badass and the info is correct. I would like to suggest a boss "ripper" 1400.2 amp its rated 700w x2 at 2ohms. Its pretty nice for the price of 170$ it also has cooling fans and vu meters. Even a viper amp would be nice for your fosgates

The boss amp is nice for the price, but I think if you have it 75% it will be fine fosgate can handle power good and the boss amp is probably not the greatest, but its power to me would be more likely about 600x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.