Indiana
- THE PLAN -

Vehicle:

1993 Toyota Corolla

Headunit:

Alpine CDA-117

(looking for an Alpine 9887)

Front Stage:

(2) Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 6.5" (80hz-3.5khz/-18dB)

(2) Selenium ST350 (3.5khz+/-18dB)

Woofers:

(2) Tantric Sounds / DD9500G hybrid 12"

Amps:

TBD

Wiring:

100% Audio Technix. 1/0, RCAs, everything.

Deadener:

Audio Technix

Enclosure:

TBD, trying 4th order sealed off from the trunk first,

if that doesn't yield the results I'm looking for then I will find what does.

Goal:

150dB+ sealed on the dash and/or to launch the windshield.

You know like I know that these things don't happen overnight.. unless money allows that is. I've still got to build the woofers, get the component amp, woofer amp and wiring from Audio Technix. Couple other misc items as well.. I'll keep this updated.

why a 4th? if you do a simple slot port (usually to the side) you will turn your trunk into a 6th order, you just have to get the port ratio right...... 4th's are stupid IMO. but im still in for cool build

im confused, wheres the pics? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
The build hasn't started yet. lol, still in planning stages.

inb4everyoneisstupid
Just you, bro.

why a 4th? if you do a simple slot port (usually to the side) you will turn your trunk into a 6th order, you just have to get the port ratio right...... 4th's are stupid IMO. but im still in for cool build
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Do you have any idea what makes a 4th order beneficial or are you just repeating what you've heard?

The enclosure will be SEALED OFF from the trunk, as stated in post one. I won't be using the trunk as a cabin anymore, therefore I won't be pressurizing it.

I'm just going to say this once.. your comment "4th orders are stupid" is just plain ignorant. You've obviously got no basis for your claims. If you do.. I'd love to hear them. Are you familiar with a little thing called "cone control"?

Hit some snags, obviously. Car is going under the knife shortly. New plan is 2 15s in a flat wall style 4th order blowthrough from the trunk, sealed off this time. Got 4 sheets of 3/4" TigerPly Birch Lite waiting. Not the cheap home depot birch. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Woofer options: SSA XCon, Tantric HDD or Sundown Zv3/4.

Amplifier options: (2) SAZ2500/3000

Headunit changed to Alpine 9887, no external processing.

9887 is active running my 6.5" Sundown Neo Pro & Selenium ST350 per door.

Ordered wire and front stage amp last night. 2 50' spools of Execution Audio 1/0 (orange and black), 150' 12ga Execution speaker wire (also orange and black), new RCAs all around.. and last but not least, the new CT Sounds 125.4.

That's the plan. Should be able to squeeze 13-15 cubes out of the trunk. Shelling it off in the next week or 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.