J31Rob & robbyboy32 issue.

J31Rob
5,000+ posts

CarTune Netwerk
Indiana
I get this PM the other day:

I don't come around here often, and I don't expect you to help me out at all, but this amp you sold me installed DOA. I ended up just putting 2 ppis in there after the disappointment. For what it's worth I figured I'd let you know.
I replied that I did not sell him an EA DX80.4. I've never owned one. I had an Eclipse 75.4 a while back.. but I had it installed prior to selling and I know for a fact it worked, however that isn't what he is asking about? So I reply with:

I didn't sell you an EA DX80.4 bro.
He replies with:

Sure you didn't. I still have the trail of mails. Its all good I'll just let the board know what a ******* rip off artist you are and post all the conversation.... including the part you denying you even sold it. I'll post up the paypal details with your name too.
So now I'm here to either offer the guy his money back for whatever the hell I supposedly sold him or to tell him to **** off for waiting almost a year to bring up some sort of ******** claim that I've heard nothing about up until now.

Robby, would you please post up all the info so we can get this settled rather than you trying to "blast me on a public forum"? I understand you being pissed if something actually happened but I'm unable to decipher what you're saying through all the rudeness and unwillingness to provide proper info.

Found the amp he's talking about: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/556747-fs-elevation-audio-dx80-4-a.html

I forgot I had ever even owned that thing. I did, however, have that installed for 2 months prior to shipping it out to it's new owner. My references can vouch that I don't just send bad equipment. However.. if he can provide proper info that it "arrived DOA" and have a **** good reason why he decided to just now get a hold of me after having the amp since 10-05-2012 then I'd be more than willing to pay the cost of the amp back.

I've been on the board since 2005, and this is my first negative feedback left. Just own it dude. I don't want my money back. I've bought and sold plenty **** here, and yours just happened to not work at all when I go to put it in one of my projects. I own 13 amps and all are stored properly, and all work when I pull them out to use for whatever reason. The cheap POS you sold me, however, did not.

Are you fucking blind, kid? I offered your money back, I posted that I found the for sale thread and even went out of my way to make a thread trying to SOLVE THE ISSUE. It is not my fault that you're not accepting any form of retribution for a claim that you can't even PROVE IS TRUE. Why the fuck did you wait for 6+ months to even bring this to my attention?!

I wouldn't pay him a dime. He is responsible for verifying the amps working condition after shipment is received. 6 months is too long to extend a warranty or refund for a used product. If other information comes to light, it could change the situation. But if he just contacted you after 6 months about this problem, he probably damaged it during use and is trying to not lose money.

thats a long time to have the amp, did he test upon arrival, and i'd probably try to workout refund, maybe not in full [because of timeline and his failure of not testing upon arrival] but definitely should be worked out on positive terms that both partys can live with... always test ur purchase upon arrival!

Are you fucking blind, kid? I offered your money back, I posted that I found the for sale thread and even went out of my way to make a thread trying to SOLVE THE ISSUE. It is not my fault that you're not accepting any form of retribution for a claim that you can't even PROVE IS TRUE. Why the fuck did you wait for 6+ months to even bring this to my attention?!
Cause he's scamming

I wouldn't pay him a dime. He is responsible for verifying the amps working condition after shipment is received. 6 months is too long to extend a warranty or refund for a used product. If other information comes to light, it could change the situation. But if he just contacted you after 6 months about this problem, he probably damaged it during use and is trying to not lose money.
Not only am I assuming this is the case.. but he's been extremely rude and belligerent rather than simply contacting me and asking me if I knew the amp was damaged or ANYTHING. I'm far FAR FARRRRRR from a scammer. I'm across 10+ audio boards with 100+ references and tons of friends all over the US with different companies.

Why are you mad? You have my money, and I have the ****** broke amp you sold me. I'm not asking for money back because of the fact it has been 6 months, and even Best Buy wouldn't take it back after that long, but then again I would assume something like an amp would work if I chose to use it now or later. You seemed like a pretty reputable guy, so I approached you in private like any gentleman would. After denying the sale and telling me to post up instead of talking *****, here we are. Feedback is feedback. I definitely don't need the money back, but I'd be glad to send your amp back so you can confirm it is unmolested, yet still just not working at all.

I don't see how this is an issue...He waited 6 months to say anything about it? That sounds fishy as hell to me. I know the seller personally and I KNOW he would NOT sell anyone broken equipment, and if anything was wrong with it that he was unaware of he would make sure to fix the problem.

Why am I mad? Because some little boy is fucking my reputation up with CLAIMS that I sold him a DOA amp after 6 months of owning it. If you had tested it the day you received it like a normal person and found it was DOA then I would have gladly given your money back the next day. However, you've waited half a year to do so and against my best interest I STILL offered a refund, and you've refused to accept it. Are you simply out for blood or just trying to drag my name through the mud for no reason?

I don't think you're a scammer, just a horrible buyer. Buyers have responsibilities as does the seller. Negative feedback should be left for you, not seller. If you can't see that, than you probably haven't seen other things in this situation that seems "off". I would suggest you reevaluate your actions concerning this situation, and try to be understanding, as you seem to believe our feedback system is designed for the whims of the people trying to exact uncalled for revenge. I have a feeling you can at least see that part.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

J31Rob

5,000+ posts
CarTune Netwerk
J31Rob
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies