Issues with 1ohm load

Sleezyk

So a while back I had a 1ohm stable mix amp that I wired to two alpine type a s subs. The ending load was 1 ohm but the amp acted like it was below and went into protect after a few min.

So now I have a 1200w Rockford fosgate prime amp, I have two 12" p3 subs that are dual 4 ohm voice coils... I got the positives and negatives connected to where each sub is 2ohm... Then I got them connected to the monoblock which connects the ++ and -- so that the final load is 1ohm.. I have looked over many wireing diagrams and am certain I have the wireing correct and have even verified it with a meter...

So why the hell da this amp also have issues? It goes into protect for a few seconds on big notes with volume high, and although I don't think is has went into thermal protect yet, it has gotten to 150f on one side of the amp where the mosfets are connected.

I have checked my grounds and made sure it is bare metal... I have added an extra cd power battery to make sure it gets what it needs..

So... Wtf?! Plz help

Voltage dropping too low

Put a dmm on the amp terminals and play a bass heavy song and watch your voltage plummet!!!

Wwwoooooooo low voltage protect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.