Is this wired properly??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Twisted0811

CarAudio.com Newbie
Florida
My setup is Skar RP2000 1D pushing 2 Skar SVR12 D2's and this is how it is currently wired, when I removed my CVR's this is how they were wired so I copied it. However they do not sound right they have a rubber smell and are warm to the touch. My gain is only about a 3rd of the way up.

Last edited:
This is how it is currently wired, but like I said it sounds way off. If I wire it to 1 ohm would that push my amp to .5 ohms I don't want to blow anything. Sorry just learning all this what would be the best way to wire it up

No I wouldn't do .5. Your problem must be something else. Can you take some pics?

Last edited:
My setup is Skar RP2000 1D pushing 2 Skar SVR12 D2's and this is how it is currently wired, when I removed my CVR's this is how they were wired so I copied it. However they do not sound right they have a rubber smell and are warm to the touch. My gain is only about a 3rd of the way up.View attachment 26406
This picture shows you only having one coil per sub wired to your amp.

This picture shows you only having one coil per sub wired to your amp.
correct that should be a 2 ohm load. I was afraid to run them parallel to 1 ohm in fear that I would put a .5 ohm load on my amp. Plus after watching this amp on the dyno it put out 1600 watts at 2 ohms and the subs are only 800 rms. This is the part I'm attempting to learn

Also that explains the smell and odd sound of the subs, I am looking at the way its wired and this amp makes 2200 rms at 1 ohm. So I am actually running these subs at 2200 watts to single voice coil. So thank you guys probably just saved me a pile of money.

It sounds like you already realized this, but wiring to one voice coils means your subs are now rated for 400 rms each.
And they will not perform as intended if half the coil isn't energized. There is virtually never a time to only run one coil of a multiple voice coil woofer.

And they will not perform as intended if half the coil isn't energized. There is virtually never a time to only run one coil of a multiple voice coil woofer.
Thanks I really appreciate all the feed back. I learned alot really quick with this thread. Yall are a good bunch of people and have a great deal of info on this site. Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.