Is this sub any good??

justchillin
10+ year member

DC Metro
ok well i've been looking at amps to power 2 12" type R subs and i was wonder what everyone thinks about the RF 700S

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-pNVdwcPYMBK/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=110&I=575700S&o=p&a=0

...the reason i ask is because it was suggested to me at best buy ( i think they are about $500 there too) and with my discount i can get one for $268.84...

so will this be enough to power my 2 12"...if not can you suggest another RF (since i can ge almost half off)...

or should i stick with the jbl 600.1 that i was gonna go with

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-pNVdwcPYMBK/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=130&I=109BP6001&o=m&a=0

thanks...

sorry i just realized i typed sub instead of amp to the topic (should be "is this amp any good)...

anyway, the type r is rated for 300watts rms and 1000 max

Run the amp at 2 ohms stereo and NO you dont need a bigger amp. That one would do just fine. Its Rated at 350x2 @ 2ohm so expect like 400+ Due to underratings.

http://www.ugonet.com/ get your jbl here its less $ and is a power house. if you wanna take advantage of your discount the 700s would be ok to but not as powerful as the 1200.1. just depends how you feel about having a local shop as compared to shipping it back if you have probs

ok, so whatevver amp i finally go with if i'm gonna be running it a 2 ohms should i then get the 2 ohm type r subs instead of the 4 ohms (or does it matter)?? both are dvc...

thanks

get the dual 2 runnem in a series parralel config to = 2 ohms they would recieve 1200 watts from the jbl if you get the rockford you would need to wire different and get less power

but if i'm gonna run the amp at 2 ohm then do i have to get the 2 ohm sub too??? i just don't really know anything about amps and i wanna make sure i get the right things...

ok dude you work at best buy than your dumb for not buying your stuff before they got their new lines. those new 700S amps **** balls. i work part time in their install bay and i have never gotten a test sheet on one of those that was better than %62 efficient and no more than 760 watts. last year you could have gotten the 1000.1bd RF amplifier and that thing thumps hard. basically you have nothing good to choose from at best buy anymore b/c all the new line of RF that they carry **** balls now. get the JBL 1200.1 much more bang and much better amp.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

er that wasnt a class d amp best buy sold that was a punch amp not a bd. that 1000 watt punch will prolly be replaced with the punch x1000.1 amp when released

er that wasnt a class d amp best buy sold that was a punch amp not a bd.
it may be a punch series but it is a BD amplifier. considering the fact that i used to work in that area and knew everythign about all of our products. so it reads as this rockford fosgate 1000.1 class bd amplifier.

keep it thumpin,

adam

LOL I WORK THERE TO AND IT WASNT A "BD" best buy cant carry the power series -sold on floor currently an installer there as well was a punch 1000.1 class ab amp besides that it isnt carried anymore

ok we still have 1 in stock at my store dude. and i looked today at work just to double check that i'm right. the sheet inside says 1000.1 bd amplifier. so unless the sheet lies then it is a bd

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.