is this normal?

That is only 1 channel. It has 4 outputs to make wiring easier. That is only a 2500(ish) watt amp, I don't think it can pull to much on electrical unless your setup is all stock.

so the amp sub terminals go +-+- i have the pos wire connected all the way to the left and the ground sub wire is all the way to the right..... according to the manual each terminal should be 2 ohm so would it matter if i used the first set compared to positive on one and neg on the other?????

Are you saying you have 1 coil on each sub wired together? So what im getting at is each sub has on coil wired together (pos to negative) and the remaining 2 coils are wired together to the amp?

Or do you have it has coil 1 positive is connected to coil 2 negative for each sub, then the remaining wires connected to the amp?

If I'm not mistaken isn't this what you want?

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.png

It won't matter. As long as you use one of each. The manual says that each should be two ohm because the amp is only 1 ohm stable. If you put 2 ohm to each set then you would be at 1 ohm because it is all one channel.

Can you get a picture or a diagram of how you wired the subs? It is hard to follow what your saying when you talk about it.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

If I'm not mistaken isn't this what you want?
2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.png
If it is wired like this it is wrong. He has dual 1 ohm subs and he would be wired to .25 ohm and the amp is not stable that low.

By his post it sounds like he only has one coil 1 on each sub connected to the amp and coil 2 is connected to itself. He may have worded it wrong though.

Actually it sounds like he has it wired like in the picture, which would put him at the .25 load.

By his post it sounds like he only has one coil 1 on each sub connected to the amp and coil 2 is connected to itself. He may have worded it wrong though.
Could be, if so then he is wired at .5 ohm which is still to low.

both coils are wired..... ok so i have sub 1......coil 1 pos and neg together coil 2 pos and neg to pos and neg to sub 2 then pos and neg together....

so coil 2 from sub 1 is wired to coil 3 of sub 2 with pos to pos neg to neg then the ending pos and neg from coil 4 go to the box terminal then from the terminal to the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

needthat22

10+ year member
needthat22
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from