Is this new Pioneer headunit decent? If not, recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

scottyk
10+ year member

lil' nig
NY
Pioneer - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod®-/Satellite Radio-Ready In-Dash Deck - AVH-P3200BT

Saw this guy at best buy a few days ago as the only touch screen headunit out for display. Played around with it for a bit and I like it and I'm in the market for a touch screen unit. The major thing I'm looking for is good iPod capabilities. I purchased a kenwood something or another single din unit about 8 months ago, still have it and hate it. iPod connectivity is ok, but scrolling is relatively slow and picking songs is SUPER finicky (have to press directly down on the scroll knob to select anything, pressing even slightly to the right or left and it'll simply go back a menu, just very sensitive).

This unit's new so I don't know if anyone will have experience with it, but if anyone does please let me know. Any other suggestions for maybe different brand double din touch screen's? I'm looking to spend around 400ish.

If you're going to get it don't get it from best buy. You can get those for under $400
Already looked online and found it for $349 shipped. I don't intend to buy from there.

New thing I learned though from reading some online reviews...this unit's only USB cable to have direct iPod connectivity is in front USB port...which I absolutely hate. No way to hide the iPod wire and I hate the look of the cable sticking out. Anyone got a decent unit that has an iPod cable coming from the back?

Looks alright, but like i said, these things don't always have best sound quality at that price because they focus on the features of the touchscreen. But thats what a external 4 channel amp is for am i right? I would say yes to it.
It has a 8 band eq, crossovers, and sounds wonderful. It has almost everything any other unit at that price mark has.... Even has auto-eq if wanted.

Looks alright, but like i said, these things don't always have best sound quality at that price because they focus on the features of the touchscreen. But thats what a external 4 channel amp is for am i right? I would say yes to it.
I plan on running some components off an amplifier anyway. I think I'm going for it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.