Is this guy fo-real?

Okay im looking at Alpine type r's. hears one review i read on amazon.com. DO you agree with him?
First off, you should know that for some people this will be a very good subwoofer. If your only concern is with SPL, i.e. having a sub that causes hearing loss, head-aches and makes your neighbors yearn for your death, then this is a fantastic choice. However, if you are actually concerned with the musical quality of your bass then you need to look elsewhere. This sub doesn't play deep, it doesn't play clean, it simply eminates a tremendous quantity of bass that isn't worth hearing. The bass reproduced by this sub sounds simply like power converted into sound and not an actual element of music. I'm sure people who own this sub are very proud of how much it makes the rear-view mirror rattle, as well as the amount of attention they are able to garner as they cruise past wal-mart with the windows down; but I fail to believe anyone really truly enjoys the sound that is created by this discus of decibals. In short, if you want loud (and all you want is loud), consider getting this sub. If you want a sub that actually sounds good, try kicker/rockford/soundstream/audiobahn/boston or some other brand that realizes bass isn't simply a frequency that makes your trunk sound like the apocolypse is beginning, it's an actual element of music.

I dont care if my neighbors hear my subs. I just want it to do one thing and one thing only and that is to sound GOOD. Are type r's the wrong subwoofer for my interest or is this guy an idiot?

lol, this guyyyyyy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

conn.am

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
conn.am
Celina, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date