is this going to be a bad combo? :/

Participant count
  • Participant list

bum
10+ year member

usa
i have a CDT Audio 10" in a box in the back of my car... apparently my amp is too powerful (had to turn it down all the way) for it so it doesn't sound that great..

but my real problem is this: i have CDT CL-61 components in front, and stock in the back (99 ford explorer xlt)... but i bought a pair of CL-6X's 5.25" for the back without realizing the back speakers are 6x9s...

i could switch the 6x's for 6x9 alpine type s 3-ways but they're only 50wrms compared to the 80w (or 90w?) rms cl-61s in front so i couldn't use a 4ch..

i have a two options

(1) run the front stage with a 2ch amp and the alpines off the deck. deck can give each alpine 22wrms or so.

(2) same as above, except sell the cl-6x's and leave the stock speakers in and power them with the deck.

for the first option, will i have any conflicts with the sub and the powerful bass the type s alpines supposedly give?

i have a CDT Audio 10" in a box in the back of my car... apparently my amp is too powerful (had to turn it down all the way) for it so it doesn't sound that great..
overhead is usually good for a speaker.... allows the speaker to play at its full potential. did you set the gains correctly?

so i should just go with stock?

flakko-- are you talking about my 10" woofer? it pops when the amp isn't turned down.. maybe it's just the sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.